Reply To: Being happy with a job is more important than having a high salary. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Being happy with a job is more important than having a high salary. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. Reply To: Being happy with a job is more important than having a high salary. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Neal Caffrey
University: Qinghai University
Nationality: United States
October 22, 2020 at 3:01 pm

Nowadays, students are weighing up whether to choose a well-paid job or a satisfying job after graduation. For me, being happy with a job is more important since there is a subtle connection between a happy job and a high-salary.

First, doing a job you enjoy, no matter what the salary is, makes a difference in how well you perform. In other words, taking great delight in a job can help you become a better worker. This summer, my brother worked part-time at a fast-food restaurant. He could not stand serving a variety of customers, especially young children. And he only thought about when he would finish and go home. He did not like his job, and for that reason, he was not very good at it. Therefore, many customers complained about the service he provided. Thus, work performance tumbles if job satisfaction is not taken into consideration.

Furthermore, a high-salary will not be achieved unless your performance is worth the money. And, I am afraid you will not get a high income without enjoying your job. Employees will see work as continuous, boring tasks if they are unhappy at their job, so they will not perform well. And if you do not perform well, you will receive a lower salary. For instance, my good friend Johnson is a project manager in a tech company. He does not like his job and always treats his job as an encumbrance on his life. Hence, he only gets the lowest salary among the managers in his company. Accordingly, it is vital to enjoy your work first and then, think about a high salary.

In conclusion, I have argued that being happy with a job is more important than a high salary. You cannot get a high salary unless you have the motivation to do a good job, therefore you need to have a satisfying job first and a high salary will naturally come to you.