Reply To: Being happy with a job is more important than having a high salary. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Being happy with a job is more important than having a high salary. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. Reply To: Being happy with a job is more important than having a high salary. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Neal Caffrey
University: Qinghai University
Nationality: United States
October 27, 2020 at 5:07 am

Nowadays, students are weighing up whether to choose a well-paid job or a satisfying job after graduation. For me, being happy with a job is more important since a satisfying job is a basement to get a high salary.

First, doing an enjoyable job, no matter what the salary is, could improve your quality of work. In other words, taking great delight in a job can help you become a better worker. This summer, my brother worked part-time at a fast-food restaurant. He could not stand serving a variety of customers, especially young children. So he only thought about when he would finish his work and go home. He did not like his job, and for that reason, he was not very good at serving customers. Therefore, many customers complained about the service he had provided. Therefore, work performance tumbles if job satisfaction is not taken into consideration.

Furthermore, a high-salary will not be achieved unless your performance is worth the money. In addition, I am afraid you will not get a high income without enjoying your job. Employees will see work as endless, boring tasks if workers are unhappy at their jobs, so they will not perform well. Besides, if an employee does not perform well, he or she will receive a lower salary. For instance, my good friend Johnson is a project manager in a tech company. He does not like his job and always treats his job as an encumbrance on his life. Hence, he only gets the lowest salary among the managers in his company. Accordingly, it is vital to enjoy a job first and then think about a high salary.

In conclusion, being happy with a job is more important than getting a job with a high salary. An employee cannot get a high salary unless he or she has the motivation to do a good job. Therefore, you, as a job-hunter, need to have a satisfying job first and a high salary will naturally come to you.