Reply To: Governments should not spend more money in support of the arts than in support of athletics such as state-sponsored Olympic teams.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Governments should not spend more money in support of the arts than in support of athletics such as state-sponsored Olympic teams. Reply To: Governments should not spend more money in support of the arts than in support of athletics such as state-sponsored Olympic teams.

kkming
University: Tianjin University
Nationality: Chinese
November 27, 2020 at 12:03 pm

Some people argue governments should offer more support to art, while others want to fund athletics instead. From my perspective, I prefer to support more on athletics. I am going to elaborate this point in following paragraphs.

Funding athletics brings considerable profits to the country. For example,the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games,the most splendid and lavish ever, put China on the map in the athletic world and showed the power of Chinese society. If someone won a gold medal, there is no doubt that he is honorable. Further, the country that wins will be respected by other countries. Thus, more business investments can focus on this country. The country would end up with enhancing economic development. In the terms of profits, funding more on athletics is wiser.

Moreover, supporting more on arts is of no use to country’s advance. If the governments support more on art than athletics, it means the governments have not paid enough attention to athletics. With the fact that countries don’t get any visible gain, their national power improves slowly. Thus, the governments should focus more on practical fields such as economic, sports games, standard of living, and so on. Nowadays, the mainstream value deems that a country isn’t considered a powerful country without enough gold medals. In other words, a nation can improve its international status by supporting more on athletics.

More aid on athletics also in lead people to put more stress on exercise. Nowadays people are taking a busy life. There is less time for them to balance the work and life, not to mention their health. So more fund on athletics show the decision of governments to appeal people take their health seriously. Thus, there can’t be so many deaths called by less exercise.

So, the points I just described express which opinion I prefer. Supporting more on athletics not only make considerable profits for governments but also lead people to attach importance to health. In short, funding more on athletics is better.