Reply To: Some people believe that college students should consider only their own talents and interests when choosing a field of study. Others believe that college students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. GRE Writing Some people believe that college students should consider only their own talents and interests when choosing a field of study. Others believe that college students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field. Reply To: Some people believe that college students should consider only their own talents and interests when choosing a field of study. Others believe that college students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.

cpc
University: Yuan Ze
Nationality: Taiwan
February 2, 2021 at 7:52 am

I would be affirmative to stand with the first view that students should consider only their talents and interests when choosing a field of study. This view aligns optimally with my own experience in choice of major.

I didn’t have any interests or specific skills before entering the college. In the first year of college, Majoring in Chemistry and Material Engineering doesn’t trigger me a lot. The major which is selected based on my entering-college score. In the next year, I transferred to Computer Science because of my preference and imagination about the future. This movement made me realize that I didn’t want to study on Chemistry or Physical relevantly or do similar work in the future. The decision I made is such a milestone for me. The one which inspired me to find out what I’m truly interested in and want to put passion into.

In the conclusion, I think the most important thing is following my own heart to make the decision and pursue what I want. In addition, doing what I want could engender lots of passions, which could foster me to be a better and better person. Without passions, even though there is a high-paid job, it is really hard to do anything and do well. Furthermore, even though there are few available jobs in our field of study, I think be a person who can’t be supplanted  by any else could twist this dilemma.   

This is why I stand for the first view.