Reply To: Some people believe that college students should consider only their own talents and interests when choosing a field of study. Others believe that college students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. GRE Writing Some people believe that college students should consider only their own talents and interests when choosing a field of study. Others believe that college students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field. Reply To: Some people believe that college students should consider only their own talents and interests when choosing a field of study. Others believe that college students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.

Administrator
University: University of Wisconsin
February 6, 2021 at 2:52 am

I would be affirmative to stand with [ strongly support ]the view that students should consider only their talents and interests when choosing a field of study. [ In fact, this ]This view aligns optimally with my experience of choosing the major. [draws on more evidence, in addition to your personal experience, to support your thesis.   ]

I (didn’t have any interests or specific skills)[avoid using not  ] before matriculating in college. Therefore, during the first year of college studies, majoring[needless shift of subject  ] in Chemistry and Material Engineering (did not)[avoid using not  ] trigger me (a lot of)[ informal ] passions[word form error  ] in[wrong preposition  ] this major. The major [ In other words, ]I selected [ I was assigned to this major  ] based on my university-entrance score [rather than my personal interest  ]. In the next [following  ]year, I transferred to Computer Science because of my preference (and imagination about the future)[unclear  ]; (the one I prefigured that I would own a job which I will be satisfied with and beloved to do.)[unclear  ] This transition made me realize that I didn’t want to [continue  ] study Chemistry or Physics continually[studies  ] or do similar work in the future. The[ This ] milestone [/critical  ]decision helped me to find out what I was truly interested in [ identify my genuine interest ]and what I wanted to put passion into.

In conclusion, I think[ therefore believe that ] the most important thing in terms of choosing an[my  ] academic path is to follow my heart[ , ] to make the [a self-interested  ]decision[ , ] and then pursue what I want. In addition, doing what I want could [ also ]engender( lots of passions, which could shape me into a better person)[ unclear ]. If I have[grammatical error  ] no passions[word form error  ], even though there is a high-paid job, it is[ grammatical error ] difficult to do anything well. Furthermore, (even though )[ repetition ]there are few available jobs in our field of study, (I think be a person who can’t be supplanted by any else could twist this dilemma, the paucity of unoccupied works.)[ unclear ] [make a shorter conclusion paragraph. Don’t introduce new details to the conclusion paragraph.  ]

This is why I stand for the first view.