Reply To: Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students in the classroom. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students in the classroom. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. Reply To: Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students in the classroom. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

sissi
University: Wenzhou Medical University
Nationality: China
February 11, 2021 at 8:07 am

Social and political problems often affect the real world and the governments. I partially agree with the statement that teachers should not comment on social or political issues in class. From my perspective, I still believe that they ought to reveal their opinions with their students.

To begin with, discussing social problems in the classroom remains crucial in spreading the correct values to students. For example, moral kidnapping has become controversial in society. My teacher in high school told us that rich people do not have to participate in many charitable activities. Also, others cannot criticize them because of not donating large amounts of money to the poor. As a result, people cannot use their own moral standards to force others to agree with them.

Additionally, considering that many learners’ ideas about affairs are superficial, professors can guide students to think critically. Due to abundant social and teaching experiences, they have developed a deeper understanding of the events happening in our society. For instance, the Economics instructors could explore the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on import and export trade with students. Not only can students gain brand-new perspectives to the social ills, but also pay more attention to all society corners.

Admittedly, some individuals deem that several instructors may hold incorrect viewpoints on social matters and their own behaviors cannot set a good example for students. For instance, a teacher called on the students to support a superstar with scandals. For this reason, the teachers’ improper view towards this public figure could mislead students’ attitudes. However, I believe that most teachers are able to provide appropriate guidance.

To conclude, under most circumstances, teachers ought to speak out their views on social or political affairs to their students. This method undoubtedly facilitates students to form correct values and think about issues with broader perspectives.