Reply To: The university will spend money on dormitory to improve the life quality of students, which of the following do you think is the best way?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing The university will spend money on dormitory to improve the life quality of students, which of the following do you think is the best way? Reply To: The university will spend money on dormitory to improve the life quality of students, which of the following do you think is the best way?

77today_
University: BUPT
Nationality: China
February 6, 2020 at 4:04 am

Revision:

If the university were to provide new services in dormitories, I would definitely favor a quiet study room. In my perspective, it is the most wanted yet often neglected need, and it will serve the students better than the other two proposals.

To begin with, studying takes up a lot of students’ time. Just by speculations, in a busy week schedule of a college student, studying for 10 to 40 hours is normal. The statistics may vary, but they reveal a trend. If a study room is introduced, it will be used frequently and persistently. Also, it can benefit a large group of students.

Additionally, most schools have gyms and cinemas on campus already, or at least in the neighborhood. In some cases, dorm buildings even own in-built gyms and karaoke, which is convenient enough. To elaborate, building additional facilities leads to dorm reconstruction, routine cleaning, and space reallocation. Are all these efforts really worth it? In my opinion, the work is unnecessary.

Lastly, exercise and entertainment are noisy, yet a dorm is a place to rest. Eligible roommates take care of other people’s schedules, and they will be quiet when others rest or try to relax. In this case, the time spent in those rooms is limited. Furthermore, a lot of times, you have to control yourself not to interrupt.  For example, I should not laugh out really loud when someone else is trying to sleep or run on a treadmill while others are meditating.

In summary, building study areas is the most efficient and effective choice. It will benefit most students, and it is worth the money and time.