Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

February 6, 2020 at 4:39 pm

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

History is not the (article error) major that every college student takes. However, it has been suggested that all college students should take compulsory history courses. From my perspective, the (this) idea should be strongly supported (why? give a reason here).

To begin with, learning history is very beneficial. It helps people to broaden their view, learn more about different cultures as well as (and) sharpen their mind (combine two previous sentences). Take myself as an (For) example, I took an online history lesson about the British monarchy a few months ago. Although the course is more narrative than reflective, (delete) it helped me get a sense of the glory of the royal family, the duties of a sovereign (nation) and how the British government is formed. (change to a period) It felt like a deep dive into the (delete) British culture and brought me fresh perspectives on democracy.

Moreover, college history lessons should be mandatory (delete sentence, repetitive). In my opinion, learning about history is an essential building block of a person’s personality. We need to have a better grasp of our own culture to know who we are. Also, only by reflecting on the past can a person learn about the mistakes humans have made.  Thus, history lessons should be compulsory for every college student, not selective (change to “optional”).

Conversely, some people may argue that why (delete) we need mandatory history classes at universities, not middle school (change to “in middle schools, not universities). Even, whether taking history classes is better than watching documentaries, as it is more cost-efficient (rephrase sentence, it is confusing).  In my opinion, college-level history courses are necessary (delete sentence repetitive). Only by read(ing) through book(s) lists (delete) and write(ing) formal essays can a student gain an in-depth view over (preposition error) a part of history. Such training is paramount (crucial to a student’s development).

To sum up (In summary), it is my contention that colleges should provide compulsory history classes to all students. It is of high importance and is a good investment of money (delete – redundant), as it helps shape the students into ideal (responsible) citizens.