Genetic engineering is an important issue in society today. Some people think that it will improve people’s lives in many ways. Others feel that it may be a threat to life on earth. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Genetic engineering is an important issue in society today. Some people think that it will improve people’s lives in many ways. Others feel that it may be a threat to life on earth. Genetic engineering is an important issue in society today. Some people think that it will improve people’s lives in many ways. Others feel that it may be a threat to life on earth. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

March 9, 2020 at 10:05 pm

Score: 53.7

Final revision

Genetic engineering, due to its possible applications, concerns both scientists and ordinary people. In my opinion, I believe [ redundant ] humans can mitigate the risk of this technology and apply it [ unclear pronoun ] well [ unclear adverb ] to medicine and agriculture.

Some opponents assert that human beings may abuse genetic technology. In terms of medicine, researchers would attempt to produce biological weapons [logical incompleteness  ] . Owing to the development in gene editing, humans might be able to revamp their genes. [choppy sentence/combine with the prior sentence  ] This could give a person a chance to be [use active verb instead of a BE verb  ] a super villain that devastates [tense error  ] the world, instead of pleasing himself by watching a violent movie [unclear  ] . That [ unclear pronoun ] would be a disaster for all nations and citizens. In terms of agriculture, the study on/of genetic projects can damage the environment by accident. Due to genetic research, crops may evolve to quickly absorb nutrients. If farmers plant [ grammatical error with subjunctive voice ] them [ unclear pronoun ] in their fields, without any intervention, those crops would consume most resources. That [unclear pronoun  ] could turn natural ecozones into semi-arid deserts.

In my view, most scientists would utilize genetic technology for helping people. Considering the medical use, governments would use it [ unclear pronoun ] to ensure citizen’s safety. For instance, doctors can correct a genetic defect before a child is born. Also, if a person has an organic failure, doctors can replace the ruptured one if robust organs accessible to cultivate [grammatical error  ] . Considering agricultural use, governments can handle the risk of genetic plants. They can designate a separate area for growing modified plants. Moreover, researchers could devise a modified plant that acts as a fertilizer for other plants. That [unclear pronoun  ] will benefit both humans and the environment.

In conclusion, this technology could jeopardize our society, but I would argue that humans can adhere to the ethics of genetic research and apply it well [ repetition ] .