As a student of university that has a long break between university semesters, the university requires all students to do one of the following for one month during the break: 1. Students must take a course on the subject that has no direct connection to their majors of study. (For example, a student majoring in engineering may take course in fine arts or social science.) 2. Students must volunteer to work in the university’s city or their hometowns to improve some aspects of life of the city or their own town. (For example, students may help local primary school children with their homework.)

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing As a student of university that has a long break between university semesters, the university requires all students to do one of the following for one month during the break: 1. Students must take a course on the subject that has no direct connection to their majors of study. (For example, a student majoring in engineering may take course in fine arts or social science.) 2. Students must volunteer to work in the university’s city or their hometowns to improve some aspects of life of the city or their own town. (For example, students may help local primary school children with their homework.)

• Linhahahah
    University: China University of Political Science and Law
    Nationality: China
    April 8, 2020 at 2:45 am

As a student of university that has a long break between university semesters, the university requires all students to do one of the following for one month during the break:
    1. Students must take a course on the subject that has no direct connection to their majors of study. (For example, a student majoring in engineering may take course in fine arts or social science.)
    2. Students must volunteer to work in the university’s city or their hometowns to improve some aspects of life of the city or their own town. (For example, students may help local primary school children with their homework.)

Nowadays, due to fierce competition in the society, universities attach great importance to adopting measures to make full use of students’ long vacation to enhance their competence. As far as I’m concerned, doing some volunteer work is much more beneficial for students’ future development.

To begin with, doing volunteer work contributes to fostering responsibility for students so as to make contributions to the society. Volunteering provides students with an instant access to social reality that cannot be obtained from the books and classes. For example, once, I volunteered to teach math for a primary school in Beijing. The students there almost were children of migrant workers, which meant that their families were not in good economic condition and their parents who were occupied with busy work all year paid less attention to their kids. Considering the difference between their lives and mine, I realized that how lucky was I and I should take advantage of all resources I have to be a valuable member of the society to shoulder the social responsibility of helping much more people live a better life.

In addition, doing volunteer work is conducive to relieve students’ stress. It’s widely acknowledged that university students are pretty stressed out currently. As an undergraduate, I need to deal with a lot of assignments every day during the semester, such as taking classes, writing papers, preparing for tests, doing internship and so on. The break between semesters is a great chance for us to recharge. While volunteering, students are able to engage in different new things and gain interesting experience, which contributes to reducing daily pressure and preparing for the study of next term. However, keeping having classes on vacation is really a burden for students with insufficient energy, which leads to low study efficiency and tiredness.

From what has been discussed above, I draw a conclusion that it is more advisable for students to do volunteer work in break between semesters, due to contributing to fostering responsibility and relieving stress.

April 8, 2020 at 3:42 am

Score: 48.8

Issues:

1. About 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.