A university recognized freshmen have poor study skills in its university. Some in the university believe the best way to address this is to ask all first-year students to have to take courses on study skills. Others don’t agree with this requirement.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing A university recognized freshmen have poor study skills in its university. Some in the university believe the best way to address this is to ask all first-year students to have to take courses on study skills. Others don’t agree with this requirement.

• wangzhuoran66
    University: 上海交通大学
    Nationality: 中国
    September 26, 2020 at 9:32 am

A university recognized freshmen have poor study skills in its university. Some in the university believe the best way to address this is to ask all first-year students to have to take courses on study skills. Others don’t agree with this requirement. What is your opinion?

As the society develops faster, everyone has been forced to face different new challenges nowadays, which means that we need to study more new things as soon as possible and enhance good study skills.Some people have proposed to arrange course on study skills for all first year students. As far as I’m concerned, that is not a good idea.

First of all,every student should have freedom to choose the study methods they are familiar. Maybe one student will think some study skills helpful but another student can’t adopt them very well.For example,there used to be a lot of people telling me that getting up early to recite the concepts in the textbook is a very good study skill. However,I found it didn’t work to me.Getting up too early will make me sleepy,so I can’t concentrate on what I’m studying at all.After that,I believe that there is no need to teach students how to study and ask them to adopt same study methods.Their entity does prove they have the ability to study by themselves well.

Besides, at the first year in the university, students will be busy getting accustomed to the university life.They will put all their heart to study the professional courses.Besides these courses ,they should be allowed to take other courses freely.Since the course on study skills is just to teach them how to study,it will be better and reasonable to add it to the selective courses.Too much required courses will make them very tired.

Of course, having good study skills is truly very important quality.If the students find their study skills are far from satisfying,there is no doubt that they should take efforts to enhance better ones.At that point, such kind of courses will be necessary.

Above all, I don’t think the university should force all the first year student to take course on study skills owing to the fact that it can’t bring the result we expect. It will be better for university to offer choice for students.

October 1, 2020 at 7:12 pm

Score: 50.7

Issues:

1. About 70% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 25% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.