Some people say that advertising is extremely successful at persuading us to buy things. Other people think that advertising is so common that we no longer pay attention to it. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people say that advertising is extremely successful at persuading us to buy things. Other people think that advertising is so common that we no longer pay attention to it. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

• Koko
    University: Macau
    Nationality: China
    March 31, 2021 at 1:50 am

Some people say that advertising is extremely successful at persuading us to buy things. Other people think that advertising is so common that we no longer pay attention to it. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Nowadays, advertising is very common in our daily life and we can see it everywhere, no matter watching TV or just looking at our phones. I believe that it still catches our attention and persuades us to purchase some unnecessary products.

Advertisement is so common that someone believes customers are no longer following it to buy goods. As adults, they have the sense of self-control and they are unlikely to be persuaded to purchase the products they do not need. Therefore, customers would understand that advertising is one of the marketing methods and avoid wasting money.

On the other hand, although advertisement is everywhere, it still influences our final decisions on daily spending. Some advertising is so brainwashing that buyers would follow it to purchase products, regardless that if goods are really needed. In addition, if a famous star which all customers liked advertises for a particular product, they would buy this product in order to support star as a fan. Besides, the consequence after using the products shows in advertisement influences customers’ final decision. For instance, if advertising shows that people would be slimmer after using the product, in order to become more pretty and thinner, it is possible that customers would buy this product and have a try without any hesitation.

For reasons mentioned above, it seems to me that advertisement, as a successful marketing method, still have impacts customers’ final decisions. That’s also the  reason why most companies are willing to spend a huge amount of money on   advertising. I believe this trend would be continued for a long time.

April 3, 2021 at 3:05 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 40% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Simplify or split them. (TOEFL/IELTS: 15%- qualifies for non-software revision; 30% applies to GRE writing)
    2. About 25% of the sentences are passive; convert them into their active counterparts. (10%- qualifies for non-software TOEFL/IELTS/GRE writing revision );

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.