Some people argue that all experiments on animals are bad and should be outlawed. However, others believe that important scientific discoveries can be made from animal experiments. Can experimentations on animals be justified? Are there any alternatives?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people argue that all experiments on animals are bad and should be outlawed. However, others believe that important scientific discoveries can be made from animal experiments. Can experimentations on animals be justified? Are there any alternatives?

• Anja Zhang
    University: 上海理工大学
    Nationality: 中国
    October 9, 2021 at 2:13 am

Some people argue that all experiments on animals are bad and should be outlawed. However, others believe that important scientific discoveries can be made from animal experiments. Can experimentations on animals be justified? Are there any alternatives?

People have different views about whether all experiments on animals should be forbidden or not. While the experiments are brutal for sure and the animals are pathetic, I believe that this kind of sacrifice is necessary for the progress of society.

There are several reasons why I think experimentation on animals should not all be forbidden. First of all, in the medical field, the newly made medicine must not be produced and sold to consumers without testing in a living creature because of the possibility that it may have some side effects on people. Secondly, we have no alternatives for animals. Although experimentation is brutal, the lives of humans are more precious. If the scientific results are achieved, it may protect more people from disease and death. Without the sacrifice the animals have made, the whole society cannot be able to develop this far.

As far as I am concerned, we should respect every form of life. In order to make scientific developments, animal experiments cannot be avoided, but we should make their sacrifice worthwhile. Perhaps scientists can create some robots that can replace real living animals with experiments. I think the experimentation on animals should not all be stopped, however, the people who tortured the animals and wasted their lives for nothing should be punished.

In conclusion, I can understand why some people argue that experiments on animals are bad and should be forbidden, but it seems to me that scientific discoveries are even more vital to human society.

October 10, 2021 at 3:34 am

Fix all issues indicated on my screenshot reviews.