All university students should be required to take at least one course about the culture of a foreign country.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing All university students should be required to take at least one course about the culture of a foreign country.

• Skylove_TOEFL_Fighting
    University: Southern University of Science and Technology
    Nationality: 中国
    May 9, 2022 at 4:07 pm

All university students should be required to take at least one course about the culture of a foreign country.

Some people in the world think that all university students should be required to take at least one course about the culture of a foreign country. Personally, I believe there is no necessary for all the students to do that. And there are several reasons why I feel this way, which I will explore in the following essay.

Admittedly, for some students who are very interested in some foreign culture, it will make them feel heartly happy and satisfied to know and learn about foreign cultures through a course like this. They can learn the knowledge they love just in school, which is very convenient. And they will actively attend and study hard in these courses that they can truly learn what they like. However, for those who are not interested in foreign cultures or do not have enough time or money, being required to take such a course may be a burden.

Furthermore, the requirement to study at least one course about the foreign culture leads to unnecessary cost for both the universities and students. Universities will need to recruit personnel, including administrative staff and lecturers to deliver the lectures and tutorials, which will increase the cost of schooling. These costs may be passed onto the student and will be reflected in higher tuition fees. What’s more, many universities charge tuition by credit. Thus, taking these courses means extra credits, which will undoubtedly add to students’ financial burden.

Finally, students in universities always don’t have much time and energy to devote themselves to these courses. In universities, students usually have a lot of required professional courses to study, and these courses are relatively difficult, so students need to spend a lot of time and energy on pre-class preview and after-class review of these courses. Under this circumstance, forcing students to take courses on foreign cultures will undoubtedly increase the burden on students, and it may make students have to compress their time to study professional courses, which is not worth the loss.

In conclusion, I strongly feel that it is unnecessary for universities to force students to learn courses of foreign cultures. Because it is time-consuming and may cause a burden on financial.

May 10, 2022 at 3:09 pm

Fix problems suggested by screenshot reviews. Restrict your essay to 320 words.