All university students should be required to take at least one course that teaches them about the culture of a country other than their own. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing All university students should be required to take at least one course that teaches them about the culture of a country other than their own. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• Lance12138
    University: USST
    Nationality: China
    September 19, 2022 at 2:59 pm

All university students should be required to take at least one course that teaches them about the culture of a country other than their own. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

It can’t be denied that taking courses about the culture of a country other than students’ mother country is time-consuming because students have to get used to new cultures and such fact may mislead impressionable people to generate the opinion that all university students should not be asked to take those courses. However, in terms of the cultivation of critical thinking, and the ability to operate, I strongly hold that all university students should be asked to take at least one course about different cultures.

First and foremost, taking those courses can help students to develop their critical thinking. Even in this era of globalization, different cultures originate separately, thus tending to see the world differently. Drawing support from those courses, it would be easier for students to broaden their horizons and experience perspectives they can never experience in their mother country. All these different perspectives towards things can be integrated into students’ values and deliver profound impacts on their cultivation of critical thinking. If students were unable to be exposed to courses about different cultures, they would stick to their own opinions and never have the ability to think thoroughly, which is essential in university study.

Furthermore, the fact that learning about cultures from different countries makes it easier for students to communicate and understand international students indicates that these courses are beneficial to students’ cooperation with international students. My first participation in a software development project during my exchange study emphasized the significance of the joint and united efforts of all programmers, during which each professional must coordinate harmoniously with each others. With help of the American culture courses, as a result, I gradually learn how they treat others and how to cooperate with native American efficiently. If a student spends all school time attending courses and becoming a nerd, inst his professional career may confront a personal crisis instead of cooperating with others well.

In a nutshell, I strongly hold that all university students should take a course about the culture other than their own.

September 20, 2022 at 12:54 am

Thanks. Please add my WeChat account.