All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• wendyliu
    University: TUC
    Nationality: China
    October 17, 2019 at 1:49 pm

TOEFL Writing Topic: All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

It has been a common sense that university students should acquire general knowledge in their early stage of college, which means they are required to take not only scientific courses of their professional areas but also a certain proportion of humanities courses including history. From my perspective, I agree that all university students should take compulsory history courses despite their major.

For one thing, I believe history is the past future, and the future is of interest to everyone. Knowing history has great significance for students to step into the future. Without learning history, people seem to be blind in facing the potential danger. History is like an experienced elder man who takes you walk through the fog of the reality and leads you to the final truth. Most famous scientists made their ground-breaking achievements by studying previous scholars’ thought and results for instance. Besides, great writers improved their writing skills by admiring the existing masterpiece.

Moreover, by taking history courses we can learn from the mistakes that our predecessors have made, so we can avoid same mistakes in the future. Everyone makes mistake in each step of their life. However, if we can learn from previous mistakes of others, we can certainly reduce the number of our potential mistakes. In this way, we become outstanding by making fewer mistakes. I think that is one reason why in most of handicraft areas there has always been keeping the tradition of face to face teaching between the apprentice and the master. It is because the master has to teach every single mistake in his professional life to his student so that this skill can evolve through time. That is one of the amazing aspects of history.

In conclusion, I believe college students should take history courses of any kind as part of college education, since it is crucial to their future career and life.

October 18, 2019 at 1:55 am

Score: 61

I will send you screenshots to illustrate the problems/errors of your essay.

wendyliu
    University: TUC
    Nationality: China
    October 18, 2019 at 2:39 am

Topic: all university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is.

Version II:

It has been a common sense that university students should acquire general knowledge in their early stage of college. In many universities of my country, college students are required to take not only scientific courses from their professional areas but also a certain proportion of humanities courses, including history. From my perspective, I agree that all university students should take compulsory history courses despite their major.

For one thing, I believe history is the past future, and the future is of interest to everyone. Knowing history has great significance for students to step into the future. Without learning history, people seem to be blind in facing the potential danger. History is like an experienced teacher who takes you walking through the fog of reality and leads you to the final truth. Most famous scientists made their ground-breaking achievements by studying previous scholars’ thoughts and results, for instance. Besides, great writers improved their writing skills by admiring the classic masterpieces.

Moreover, by taking history courses, we can learn from the mistakes that our predecessors have made. Accordingly we can avoid the same mistakes in the future. Everyone makes mistakes in each step of their life. However, if we can learn from previous mistakes of others, we can certainly reduce the number of our potential mistakes. In this way, we become outstanding by making fewer mistakes. I think that is one reason why in the handicraft area, there has always been keeping the tradition of face to face teaching between the apprentice and the master. It is because the master has to teach every single mistake in his professional life to his students so that this skill can evolve through time. That is how history helps people avoid repeating mistakes and make new achievements.

In conclusion, I believe college students should take history courses of any kind as part of college education, since it is crucial to their future career and life.