All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• mzy
    University: Xi'an Jiaotong University
    Nationality: China
    November 27, 2019 at 7:32 am

All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

It is hard to deny that many undergraduate students are lack of knowledge about history and such a fact leads impressionable people to generate a viewpoint that regardless the major they are studying, all undergraduate students must take part in history courses. Nevertheless, this opinion suffers from both logical and factual fallacies. As far as equality, efficiency and money cost are concerned, I strongly hold that university students should be given the right to decide whether to take history courses.

First, having the ability to choose whether to take a history class can promote the students’ equality. Some students enjoy the lecture about the historical events while some students not. And they should have an equal right to choose to take history courses rather than being required to.

In addition, students can acquire knowledge more effciently given the ability to take history courses.Take the case of one of my roommate in university, Noah,who was hardly interested in the history events. Thus, he did not concerntrate on the lecture but read book about programming in the history class. As a result, he failed to have a high academic record in the history course, nor did he read the book quickly. Had it not been a compulsory history class, Noah would acquire the knowledgements which he really interests more efficiently.

Nevertheless, some people maintain that student are lack of knowledge about history and compulsory history courses is important. Ironically, compulsory history courses can cost the government and the university a huge amount money, since the professor expertise in history is so rare and it is expensive to employ them. Besides, history courses can hardly improve students to contribute the society. Therefore, it will cost much money for the history classes and it does worth it.

In a nutshell, optional history courses is needed rather that compulsory ones. Admittedly, some people may oppose me, but I maintain that they will be convinced when being exposed by my essay.

November 28, 2019 at 10:18 pm

Score: 49.9

Issues:

1. More than 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 25% of the sentences are passive. Convert them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.