All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• Mike
    University: Sun Yat-sen University
    Nationality: 中国
    December 21, 2019 at 5:45 pm

TPO 50: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Being the cradle of knowledge, universities play an extremely important role in society. The overall knowledge and awareness level of citizens depend considerably on the quality of teachers in the institutions of higher learning. With the aim of taking education to a brand new level, some argue that all college students should not be required to learn history lessons no matter in what field they study. However, from my stand point, history courses are necessary to college students, since it not only reflects basic rules of the world, but also broaden our students’ horizon with the history from ancient time.

First of all, history is like a mirror which reflects the basic rules of the world. In history classes, students do not merely get acquaintance of what happened in the past. They learn about how the history events occurred in particular time and location. Moreover, they are able to find the key to determine historical events by comparison among history from different places, through which they are able to have a deeper understanding of the pattern of world’s development.

Besides, history lessons broaden students’ horizon without the limitation of time. By learning history, I can get the points of view from ancient people, which can also enrich my value. For example, the sentence from Voltaire goes that I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say. I learned this sentence in a history class. Combining the historical environment Voltaire lived in, I can sense his feeling when he spoke out this sentence, which let me have advancer understanding of free speech.

Admittedly, history classes only tell students something old. This thing is probably useless for students in their whole life. Nonetheless, yesterday is also history, but it confirms today’s happiness. History is experience. Since people cannot move forward without experience, history classes provide students with opportunities to accumulate experiences from ancestors.

In a nutshell, history courses are indispensable for college students. Through history classes, students will deeply recognize the world, receive thoughts from ancients and obtain experiences of ancestors.

January 14, 2020 at 8:23 pm

Score: 54.6

Issues:

1. More than 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.