All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is.

• 77today_
    University: BUPT
    Nationality: China
    February 4, 2020 at 9:43 am

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

History is not the major that every college student takes. However, it has been suggested that all college students should take mandatory history courses. From my perspective, it is without any dispute that such act should be encouraged.

To begin with, learning about history is very beneficial. It helps to broaden your view, learn more about other cultures as well as sharpen your mind. Take myself as an example, I took an online history lesson about the British monarchy a few months ago. Although the course is more narrative than reflective, it helped me get a sense of the glory of the royal family, the duties of a sovereign and how Britain is formed. It felt like a deep dive into the British culture .

Moreover, college students need history lessons. In my opinion, learning about history is an essential building block of a person’s personality. We need to have a better grasp of our own culture to know who we are. We need serious reflections on the past to learn about the mistakes humans have made. We need to know more about religions and cultures to learn about the variety of the world. Thus, history lessons should be mandatory for every college student, not selective.

Last but not least, some people may argue that why we need mandatory history classes at universities, instead of middle school. Even, why history classes, not documentaries?  In my opinion, college-level history courses are necessary. Only by read through book lists and write formal essays can a student has an in-depth view of a historic matter. Such training is paramount.

To sum up, it is my contention that colleges should provide mandatory history classes to all students. It is of high importance and a good investment of money, as it helps shape the students into ideal citizens.

February 4, 2020 at 5:35 pm

Score: 66.1

Issues:

1. 3 consecutive sentences start with the same word.

I will not work on this essay until you complete the revision of the prior sentence completely.

77today_
    February 5, 2020 at 9:58 am

History is not the major that every college student takes. However, it has been suggested that all college students should take compulsory history courses. From my perspective, the idea should be strongly supported.

To begin with, learning history is very beneficial. It helps people to broaden their view, learn more about different cultures as well as sharpen their mind. Take myself as an example, I took an online history lesson about the British monarchy a few months ago. Although the course is more narrative than reflective, it helped me get a sense of the glory of the royal family, the duties of a sovereign and how the Britain government is formed. It felt like a deep dive into British culture and brought me fresh perspectives on democracy.

Moreover, college history lessons should be mandatory. In my opinion, learning about history is an essential building block of a person’s personality. We need to have a better grasp of our own culture to know who we are. Also, only by reflecting on the past can a person learn about the mistakes humans have made.  Thus, history lessons should be compulsory for every college student, not selective.

Conversely, some people may argue that why we need mandatory history classes at universities, not middle school. Even, whether taking history classes is better than watching documentaries, as it is more cost-efficient.  In my opinion, college-level history courses are necessary. Only by read through book lists and write formal essays can a student gain an in-depth view over a part of history. Such training is paramount.

To sum up, it is my contention that colleges should provide compulsory history classes to all students. It is of high importance and is a good investment of money, as it helps shape the students into ideal citizens.

77today_
    February 5, 2020 at 10:05 am

Second Revision:

History is not the major that every college student takes. However, it has been suggested that all college students should take compulsory history courses. From my perspective, the idea should be strongly supported.

To begin with, learning history is very beneficial. It helps people to broaden their view, learn more about different cultures as well as sharpen their mind. Take myself as an example, I took an online history lesson about the British monarchy a few months ago. Although the course is more narrative than reflective, it helped me get a sense of the glory of the royal family, the duties of a sovereign and how the British government is formed. It felt like a deep dive into the British culture and brought me fresh perspectives on democracy.

Moreover, college history lessons should be mandatory. In my opinion, learning about history is an essential building block of a person’s personality. We need to have a better grasp of our own culture to know who we are. Also, only by reflecting on the past can a person learn about the mistakes humans have made.  Thus, history lessons should be compulsory for every college student, not selective.

Conversely, some people may argue that why we need mandatory history classes at universities, not middle school. Even, whether taking history classes is better than watching documentaries, as it is more cost-efficient.  In my opinion, college-level history courses are necessary. Only by read through book lists and write formal essays can a student gain an in-depth view over a part of history. Such training is paramount.

To sum up, it is my contention that colleges should provide compulsory history classes to all students. It is of high importance and is a good investment of money, as it helps shape the students into ideal citizens.

February 5, 2020 at 9:33 pm

Score: 62.2

I will get back to you shortly.

February 6, 2020 at 4:39 pm

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

History is not the (article error) major that every college student takes. However, it has been suggested that all college students should take compulsory history courses. From my perspective, the (this) idea should be strongly supported (why? give a reason here).

To begin with, learning history is very beneficial. It helps people to broaden their view, learn more about different cultures as well as (and) sharpen their mind (combine two previous sentences). Take myself as an (For) example, I took an online history lesson about the British monarchy a few months ago. Although the course is more narrative than reflective, (delete) it helped me get a sense of the glory of the royal family, the duties of a sovereign (nation) and how the British government is formed. (change to a period) It felt like a deep dive into the (delete) British culture and brought me fresh perspectives on democracy.

Moreover, college history lessons should be mandatory (delete sentence, repetitive). In my opinion, learning about history is an essential building block of a person’s personality. We need to have a better grasp of our own culture to know who we are. Also, only by reflecting on the past can a person learn about the mistakes humans have made.  Thus, history lessons should be compulsory for every college student, not selective (change to “optional”).

Conversely, some people may argue that why (delete) we need mandatory history classes at universities, not middle school (change to “in middle schools, not universities). Even, whether taking history classes is better than watching documentaries, as it is more cost-efficient (rephrase sentence, it is confusing).  In my opinion, college-level history courses are necessary (delete sentence repetitive). Only by read(ing) through book(s) lists (delete) and write(ing) formal essays can a student gain an in-depth view over (preposition error) a part of history. Such training is paramount (crucial to a student’s development).

To sum up (In summary), it is my contention that colleges should provide compulsory history classes to all students. It is of high importance and is a good investment of money (delete – redundant), as it helps shape the students into ideal (responsible) citizens.

77today_
    February 7, 2020 at 7:30 am

Revision:

History is not a major that every college student takes. However, it has been suggested that all college students should take compulsory history courses. From my perspective, this idea should be strongly supported, since history lessons enlighten the youth.

To begin with, learning history is very beneficial, as it helps people to broaden their views, learn more about different cultures and sharpen their minds. For example, I took an online history lesson about the British monarchy a few months ago. It helped me get a sense of the glory of the royal family, the duties of a nation and how the British government is formed. The month felt like a deep dive into British culture, which brought me fresh perspectives on democracy.

Moreover, learning about history is an essential building block of a person’s personality. We need to have a better grasp of our own culture to know who we are. Also, only by reflecting on the past can a person learn about the mistakes humans have made. Thus, history lessons should be compulsory for every college student, not optional.

Conversely, some people may argue that we need mandatory history classes in middle schools, not universities. Besides, it has been suggested that students should watch documentaries instead, as it is more cost-efficient. In my opinion, college-level history courses can not be replaced. Only by reading through books and writing formal essays can a student gain an in-depth view on a part of history. Such training is crucial to a student’s development.

In summary, it is my contention that colleges should provide compulsory history classes to all students. It is of high importance and is a good investment, as history lessons shape the students into responsible citizens.

77today_
    February 14, 2020 at 10:14 am

No further revision.