All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• HanWang
    University: Wuhan University
    Nationality: China
    June 22, 2020 at 2:45 pm

All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Whether history classes should be compulsory in universities has been raging for some time. Some claim that it is essential for all students, regardless of their major, to learn about the culture of their countries and there is no better way to achieve this goal than take history lessons. However, I am afraid I cannot share this point of view.

Admittedly, learning history is of great importance to students’ well-rounded development. But we have to admit the reality that most undergraduates have already received related education when they studied in junior and high school. The prerequisite of being admitted into colleges is that they have grasped versatile knowledge and it is time for them to choose a field appealing to them. In light of such a circumstance, dedicating so much time, undoubtedly, is not meaningful and helpful. Instead, they are able to continue enlarge their vision by participating in optional courses or searching on the Internet when they are free. So taking history lessons is not necessary and crutial for undergradutes whose majors are not history.

Typically, students are busy with their compulsory homework and assignments, and because of this, regarding history classes as compulsory lessons is merely a waste of time. I believe my own life can be a convincing example to illustrate it. I am a junior undergraduate, major in Mechanical Engineering. It is universally acknowledged that our classes are extremely difficult and I have to spend much time reading my textbooks and perform my calculation so that I can acquire all my skills and get good grades. I just cannot imagine how could I allocate my time if there are numerable history lessons to take. Not surprisingly, such a policy would make students suffer from much more stress.

Having considered all these arguments, the statement that all college students are supposed to take history courses is totally untenable and unconvincing. And a fitting alternative is arranging these classes as elective courses that people interested in history can take them.

June 23, 2020 at 9:02 pm

Score: 53

Issues:

1. About 40% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

HanWang
    University: Wuhan University
    Nationality: China
    June 27, 2020 at 3:37 am

Whether history classes should be compulsory in universities has been raging for some time. Some claim that it is essential for all students to learn about the culture of their countries. Theoretically, there is no better way to achieve this goal than take history lessons. However, I am afraid I cannot share this point of view.

Admittedly, learning history is of great importance to students’ well-rounded development. But we have to admit that most undergraduates received history- related education when they studied in junior and high school. The prerequisite of being undergraduates is that they have grasped versatile knowledge, and it is time for them to opt for a field appealing to them. Under such circumstances, dedicating so much time is undoubtedly not meaningful and helpful. Instead, they can continue learning history by participating in optional courses or searching on the Internet if interested. So taking history lessons is not indispensable for undergraduates whose majors are not history.

Typically, students are busy with their compulsory assignments, and because of this, history classes seem to be a waste of time. My own life can be a convincing example to illustrate it. I am a junior undergraduate, major in Mechanical Engineering. Since my classes are extremely hard, I have to spend much time reading textbooks and performing calculation carefully. I cannot imagine how I could allocate my time if there are lots of history lessons to take. Not surprisingly, such a policy would make students suffer from much more stress.

Having considered all these arguments, the statement that all college students should take history courses is totally untenable. And an alternative is regarding these classes as elective courses so that people interested in history can take these lessons.

June 27, 2020 at 12:18 pm

Whether history classes [courses  ]should be compulsory in universities (has been raging for some time.)[ unclear ] Some claim that it is essential for all students to learn about the culture of their countries [by matriculating in history coursework  ]. Theoretically, there is no better way to achieve this goal than [to  ]take history lessons. However, I am afraid I cannot share this point of view.

Admittedly, learning history is of great importance to students’ well-rounded development. But we have to admit that most undergraduates received/[completed  ] history- related education[some history coursework  ] when they studied in junior and high school. [The goal of undergraduate education, however,  ]The prerequisite of being undergraduates is that they have grasped [  is to grasp]versatile knowledge, [ in addition to depth study in a specialized field ]and it is time for them to opt for a field appealing to them. Under such circumstances, [Therefore,  ]dedicating so much time[to history learning as a university student  ] is undoubtedly not meaningful and helpful. [  In terms of fulfilling personal interest, I am of the opinion that students can ]Instead, they can continue learning history by participating [ participate ]in optional [ elective or online ]courses [in history.  ] or searching on the Internet if interested. So taking history lessons is not indispensable for undergraduates whose majors are not history.

Typically,[Additionally,  ] students are busy with their compulsory [the  ]assignments [ in relation to compulsory courses. ], and because of this, history classes seem to be a waste of time.[ factual error ] My own life can be a convincing example to illustrate it. [ For example, ]I am a junior[ and I ] undergraduate, major in Mechanical Engineering. Since my classes are extremely hard[/difficult/challenging  ], I have to spend much [ significant amounts of ] time reading textbooks and performing [engineering-related calculations.  ] calculation carefully. [As such,  ] I cannot imagine how I could/ [would be able to  ] allocate [ a big portion of ] my time [ to any ] if there are lots of history lessons to take. Not surprisingly, such a policy would make students suffer from much more stress.

Having considered all these arguments, [ In light of the reasons noted above, ] the statement that all college students should take history courses is totally untenable. And an alternative is regarding these [I argue that we should regard history  ] classes as elective [ ones, which caters to only interested students.  ] courses so that people interested in history can take these lessons.

Tagged: