All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• missyu
    University: Beijing University of Technology
    Nationality: 中国
    July 19, 2020 at 3:45 pm

All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

First, an extra history course can cause unfair among the students. If the school wants to add extra history classes to its students then it has to add extra credit to all students who do not major in history. The human is born with different talent, of course, they all have one field they are good at, maybe some people are good at remembering things but others are not. As a result, people with higher remember ability must do better than those who are not. I’m the person who is not that good at remembering things, and I always did badly in my history exams.

Second, take extra courses can always cost a lot. If the school determine to add an extra history class for every student, then it has to hire more professors and pay to them, what’s more, the extra classroom and the extra circular book also need money. Think about your school is going to open a new class for every student, your school won’t be the generous man to fill all the costs, so the person who has to pay for the costs are the students themselves. What’s more, there must be some students who don’t have time at that period or just don’t like this class, then they won’t attend it. As a result, an extra history class can be a waste of money.

Admittedly, taking history courses did help students in some way, they can know the places they live in better, which would increase their cultural confidence. However, taking classes is not the only way to acquire history knowledge, the government can just put some videos about history on youtube or put some articles about history in people’s chatting applications. All of these ideas can make people know more about the country’s history they live in without cost that much, which are more economically friendly.

July 20, 2020 at 10:00 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. Lots of grammatical errors. Learn how to use Subjunctive Voice.
    2. Lots of article errors.
    3. Many pronouns are unclear. Make sure a pronoun clearly echoes the noun in the prior sentence or the prior part of the sentence. If a pronoun fails to do so, change it to a noun.
    4. Inconsistent in Person (you/they/I., etc.)
    5. About 60% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.