TPO50-All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is.(agree or disagree)

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing TPO50-All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is.(agree or disagree)

• icey
    University: Fudan University
    Nationality: China
    August 17, 2021 at 5:19 am

TPO50-All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is.(agree or disagree)

I do not think students of all majors should learn history in college. We cannot ignore the importance of learning history, but history courses in college have deviated from the original purpose of studying history. Students should study history before college.

I do concur that well-educated students should acquire a certain level of history knowledge. As an old saying goes, history is the mirror of the present. From studying history, we can form a guideline for our instant behavior. Also, a basic knowledge of history is as indispensable as knowing general science like when water freezes or what causes four seasons. These bits of knowledge reveal how our world functions, and indeed every civilized person should learn them.

However, I deem that we should study history not in college but before college. In middle and high schools, learning all disciplines can both expand students’ scopes of knowledge and encourage them to find a field they are interested in. But at the college stage, it’s high time that they choose their favorite subjects and get more advanced and intensive education. Taking a wide range of courses would be a drain of their time, exploiting their efforts to focus on their expertise.

Moreover, history courses in college are more like propaganda than education. Universities are eager to unify students’ thoughts by teaching them so-called history, which contains so much rewrite by the statesmen. For example, my school requires us to take modern history classes, but what we learn is how prosperous and mighty our country is instead of what happened. I understand that the pride for one’s nation is essential for college students as new civils, but we can cultivate that by other means, not simply instilling slogans by teaching them history in college.

To conclude, I disagree that students of all majors should take history lessons in college. They should be equipped with basic history knowledge before attending college instead.

August 18, 2021 at 3:28 pm

I do not think students of all majors should learn history in college. We cannot ignore the importance of learning history, but history courses in [  offered at ]college have deviated from the original purpose of studying history. Students should study history before college [ matriculation  ].

I do concur that well-educated students should acquire a certain level of history knowledge. As an old saying goes, [ punctuation error  ]history is the mirror of the present[  punctuation error ]. From studying history, we can form a guideline for our instant behavior. Also, a [article error   ]basic knowledge of history is as indispensable as knowing (general science like when water freezes or what causes four seasons)[ uclear  ]. These bits of knowledge reveal how our world functions, and indeed [so   ]every civilized person should learn them[pronoun error   ].

However, I deem that we should study history not in college but before college. In middle and high schools, learning all disciplines can both expand students’ scopes[ word form error  ] of knowledge and encourage them to find a field they are interested in. But at the college stage, it’s high time that they choose their favorite subjects and get [article error   ]more advanced and intensive education. Taking a wide range of courses would be a drain of their time, exploiting their efforts to focus on their expertise[  unclear ].

Moreover, history courses in college are more like[ of  ] propaganda than education. Universities are eager to unify[ /manipulate  ] students’ thoughts by teaching them so-called history, which contains so much rewrite by the statesmen. For example, my school requires us to take modern history classes, but what we learn is how prosperous and mighty our country is instead of what happened. I understand that the pride for one’s nation is essential for college students as new civils, but we can cultivate that by other means, not simply instilling slogans by teaching them history in college.

To conclude, I disagree that students of all majors should take history lessons in college. They should be equipped with basic history knowledge before attending college instead.

August 24, 2021 at 9:22 pm

Final revision

icey
    University: Fudan University
    Nationality: China
    October 4, 2021 at 10:32 am

I do not think students of all majors should learn history in college. We cannot ignore the importance of learning history, but history courses offered at college have deviated from the original purpose of studying history. Students should study history before college matriculation.
    I do concur that students should acquire a certain level of history knowledge. As an old saying goes, ‘history is the mirror of the present’. From studying history, we can form a guideline for our instant behavior. Also, a basic scale of historical knowledge is as indispensable as knowing common scientific sense, for example, water freezes at zero degrees. These bits of knowledge reveal how our world functions, so every civilized person should learn it.
    However, I deem that we should study history not in college but before college. In middle and high schools, learning all disciplines can both expand students’ scope of knowledge and encourage them to find a field they are interested in. But at the college stage, it’s high time that they choose their favorite subjects and get a more advanced and intensive education. Taking a wide range of courses would be a drain of their time, exploiting their efforts to focus on their majors.
    Moreover, history courses in college are more of propaganda than education. Universities are eager to manipulate students’ thoughts by teaching them so-called history, which contains many rewrites by the statesmen. For example, my school requires us to take modern history classes, but what we learn is how prosperous and mighty our country is instead of what happened. I understand that the pride for one’s nation is essential for college students as new civils, but we can cultivate that by other means, not simply instilling slogans by teaching them history in college.

October 4, 2021 at 11:40 am

Final Revision already provided

Tagged: