All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• Jeong
    University: Zhejiang University
    Nationality: China
    October 5, 2020 at 3:37 pm

All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Although some famous people like Hammer said that without history we can never know where and how can we improve ourselves. But from my perspective, history is not a necessary subject that every college student needs to learn.

Firstly, I think that hobbies and love are necessary and they can give motivation to students to learn a certain subject or a scientific field. That is to say, if a student who does not like history or just has no talent in that field, he will probably do bad in that class and even fail in the exam. Even worse, if he cannot pass the history exam, he cannot graduate even if he is very gifted in his major. What a ridiculous thing it is! Hence, making history an obligatory course is a terrible decision.

Secondly, all of the students are very busy because they want to have good grades and seek good jobs in the future. So, they have no time to take history class, which have nothing to do with their major. In my first year of college, I have to learn two history classes at the same time! It takes me a huge amount of time! If I don’t take them, I will have more free time to do what I really like, such as exploring the construction of robots and reading some essays about control systems.

In addition, although history is good for us because it can help us to make some decisions more wisely, it is unsuitable for universities to regard history as a required class. And I tend to accept history class as an optional course because I want to feel free to choose which course I want to take.

All in all, not all university students have both time and curiosity to learn history well. Therefore, history should not be required.

October 5, 2020 at 7:55 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. Lots of grammatical errors (i.e., although..but).
    2. About 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Jeong
    University: Zhejiang University
    Nationality: China
    October 6, 2020 at 9:37 am

Some famous people like Hammer said that we can never know where and how we can improve ourselves without history. But from my perspective, history is not a necessary subject that every college student needs to learn.

Firstly, I think that interests and love are necessary and they can give students motivation to learn a subject or a scientific field. That is to say, if a student who does not like history, he will probably do bad in that class. Even worse, if he cannot pass the history exam, he cannot graduate even if he is very gifted in his major. What a ridiculous thing it is! Hence, making history an obligatory course is a terrible decision.

Secondly, all of the students are very busy because they want to have good grades and seek good jobs in the future. So, they have no time to take history class, which have nothing to do with their major. In my first year of college, I have to learn two history classes at the same time! It takes me a huge amount of time! If I don’t take them, I will have more free time to do what I really like, such as exploring robots’ construction and reading some essays about control systems. With the spare time left by history courses, I can go further in my major field.

It is believed that history is good for us because it can help us make some decisions more wisely. But regarding history as a required class is unsuitable and unfair for students. Alternatively, I tend to regard history as an optional course. The right of choosing freely is significant for universities’ students. All of the students will be equally treated through that method.

From the reasons listed above, students should not be required to take history courses no matter what their major is.

October 13, 2020 at 6:05 pm

Some famous people like Hammer said that we can never know where and how we can improve ourselves without history. But from my perspective, history is not a necessary subject that every college student needs to learn.

Firstly, I think (that interests[word form error   ] and love are necessary)[unclear   ] and[ because  ] they can (give students motivation)[verbose – use two words to replace   ] to( learn a subject or a scientific field)[unparalleled/subject and field   ]. That is to say, if a student (who does not like )[ grammatical error  ]history, he will probably (do bad )[grammatical error/unclear   ]in that [ the  ]class. (Even worse, if he cannot pass the history exam, he cannot graduate even if he is very gifted in his major)[ unclear/grammatical errors (check how to use subjunctive voice)  ]. What a ridiculous thing it is! Hence, making history an obligatory course is a terrible decision.

Secondly, (all of the students are very busy)[  absolute statement ] because they want to have good grades and seek good jobs in the future. So, they have no time to take [ article error  ]history class, which have [ grammatical error  ]nothing to do with their major. In my first year of college, I have to learn two history classes at the same time! It takes me a huge amount of time! If I don’t take [  grammatical error ]them[  unclear pronoun ], (I will have more free time to do what I really like, such as exploring robots’ construction and reading some essays about control systems.)[ unclear/confusing in tense  ] With the spare time (left by history courses)[ unclear  ], I can go further in my major field.

It[  unclear pronoun ] is believed [passive voice   ]that history is good for us because it can help us make some decisions more wisely. But regarding history as a required class is unsuitable and unfair for students. Alternatively, I tend to regard history [ History  ]as an optional course. The right of choosing freely is significant for universities’ [ word form error  ]students. All of the students will be equally treated through[ unclear preposition  ] that method.

From the reasons listed above, [ I reckon that  ]students should not be required to take history courses no matter what their major is.