Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is.

• Hazelhe
    University: Beijing Normal University
    Nationality: China
    November 9, 2020 at 8:22 am

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is.

History has a significant effect on every country, from which people learn many lessons. Taking history as a required course of university students is a good choice, since it allows them to have more knowledge of the historical background of current affairs, as well as helping them avoid repeating the mistakes that people have made.

Every complex political, economical or social event happening around the world has its historical causes and profound backgrounds. Nowadays, it is necessary for college students to keep up with current events so that they will know the society better. Reading news and editorials is a good choice. However, many news and editorials commonly refer to incidents that happended back in the past. Unless they know more about history, they cannot fully understand the importance of references the articles are making.Take myself as an example, when I was eight years old in 2008, I have no idea about the connection between hosting the Olympic games and the international status of China. After learning the history of the Olympic games, I begin to know that hosting an international affairs means a reputation of a country.

Moreover, people often talk history repeating itself. But this proves that people who don’t know history often repeat it. So it’s important for college students to learn history so that they will try their best to avoid repeat the mistake of the past. If they are well aware of the cruelty of wars that a country has experienced, like the number of sacrificed people and the persistent pollution of a city, they will call for the peace of world from their heart. If they know what happened to some notorious people, students will refuse to make choices or do something in similar situations as they ever did. History always teaches a lesson to everyone, including these college students.

As a compulsory course, history will help university students know the society better and repeat less mistakes that ever happened. In conclusion, all college students should take history courses.

November 13, 2020 at 5:24 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 40% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. Spelling errors
    3. Preposition errors
    4. Article errors

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

November 18, 2020 at 10:21 pm

I am unable to send you screenshot reviews since you are not on my WeChat list. Please add my WeChat and after doing so remind me of sending the reviews to you. Thanks!