All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is

• Violet Zhuang
    University: Nanjing Forestry University
    Nationality: China
    November 25, 2020 at 8:32 am

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Undoubtedly, learning history is conducive to college students because people who are equipped with historical knowledge seems to be erudite. However, history doesn’t seem to attract every undergraduate. Therefore, I could hardly agree more with the statement that it is unnecessary for students to choose a history class without considering their major, the reason of which will be illustrated as follows.

First and foremost, students can grasp specialized courses better. It is obvious that when students focus intensely on their own fields, they will gain more knowledge. This is simply because students are able to enhance their study efficiency without being distracted by other unrelated subjects. As a result, they possess enough time to preview and review the professional knowledge, which constitutes a stepping stone to their excellent academic performance. You see, when I was in the university, I studied in landscape architecture which needs spend lots of time on cartography. Therefore, I couldn’t burn the candle at both ends, like, taking another class in history. I immersed myself in a purely professional learning environment and it works very well. At the end of the first semester, I got really high marks during the final examination. For this reason, studying specialized courses wholeheartedly is crucial.

What’s more, students will feel happier and more relaxed. Imagining that you don’t have to get into something you are indifferent to, wouldn’t it be wonderful? Likewise, students who make their own decisions and develop personal interests instead of being compelled into a spoon-feeding teaching, are more willing to enjoy their life. To be specific, history is interesting but not for everyone. Others may amuse themselves by singing, exercising, travelling and so on. Consequently, students without being coerced into learning history are capable of staying in a good mind and exploring their potential, which plays an essential role for modern people.

In a nutshell, which one do I prefer depends on my own experiences, life style and emotional concerns. To be frank, I would like to choose the idea that university students should make their own decision about learning history or not.

December 3, 2020 at 4:00 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 25% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.
    3. Article errors
    4. Provide a short reason why you think it is unnecessary in the introduction

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.