Do you agree or disagree with this statement? All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with this statement? All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is.

• YU XINYUAN
    University: 安徽师范大学
    Nationality: 中国
    November 28, 2020 at 8:27 am

Do you agree or disagree with this statement? All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is.

I think every student should take history courses for the advantages history courses bring.

First of all, taking history courses can fulfill college students’ knowledge base, which is also helpful for their social communication. As we all know, there are many historic events and monumental affairs occurring over the past years, and the best method to inform these events is through taking history classes. Besides, we can also study from the past to prepare for the future. If we encounter some knotty questions, we can turn to the history to find similar problems and learn from the people in the past. Once we gain more knowledge about the culture of some countries, the tradition of some nations and the development of some civilizations, we become erudite and thus can communicate with others well. For an example, my cousin Tom was previously an introversive person and even unwilling to talk with others. But after he went to the junior high, he took some history courses; he was quickly attracted by history and he listened carefully to the professor each class, so he get to know plenty of history knowledge. He found out that by learning history, he could get many topics to talk to others, so he started telling history stories for his friends and classmates in leisure time. Gradually, he became popular among his classmate, turned to be more outgoing and had more friends than before. As you can see, history can really fill our knowledge and nurture our healthy personality.

December 5, 2020 at 3:10 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 35% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.
    3. Lengthy paragraphs. Restrict each paragraph to 90 words.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

December 5, 2020 at 3:12 am

Please add my WeChat account and remind me of sending you screenshot reviews.

Tagged: