All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• Baerene
    University: Shanghai JiaoTong University
    Nationality: China
    February 28, 2020 at 10:23 am

TOEFL Writing Topic: All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Nowadays, almost all the university students are required to take history courses, regardless of their major is. While some people cast doubt on the necessity, I agree with the regulations considering the sense of responsibility the course cultivates and the invaluable lessons we can learn from them.

It is common wisdom that university students should bear the responsibility of the society. But how can they know their missions if they have never known the basic history? I remember a news, revealing a graduate student who know nothing about his country’s history. Worsen still, he seems indifferent about the hard experience of his ancestors. I doubt that graduate’s ability to help construct his country.

If we take a closer look at these history classes, we can unearth glittering values of them. History is a like a circle which goes round and round. Predecessors’ experience can help us deal with the current issues, which is crucial to university students of all majors. During the history class, my teacher told us why the Tang Dynasty, the dynasty that had created the most achievements in China history, waned in several decades. That’s because there was one emperor who managed his country well in his early years. But he was so arrogant about his achievements that he indulged in beauties and entertainments later on. And that was the beginning of the decline of this dynasty. Enlightened by that story, I can foresee people’s gloomy consequences every time I see them being lazy and arrogant.

However, what is most annoying in universities is that no one guarantee the quality of history classes. Many students skip the classes or sleep in class, learning nothing from the valuable courses. From my perspective, therefore, only through proper supervision can we realize the utmost potential of history classes.

In a nutshell, history classes are necessary for students of all majors because of the responsibility they should shoulder and the lessons they should learn from history. And other than simply setting these courses, it is incumbent upon the universities to guarantee the teaching quality.

March 6, 2020 at 10:36 pm

Score: 55.1

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.