All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is

• yxc2429958
    University: Harbin Institute of Technology
    Nationality: Chinese
    November 26, 2020 at 8:51 am

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

As the development of the whole society, college education is becoming more and more common among young people. And what should college student learn on campus is a hotspot issue to discuss. Nearly, some people argue that all university students are supposed to take history lessons no matter what their majors are. In my personally point of view, I deem it make sense. My reasons are as following.

To begin with, learning history is a responsibility for every single person. People have to know about who their ancestors are and what they have been through. It is not only basic knowledge, but also an attitude of respect to the ancestors, because it is exactly what the ancestors did makes who we are today.  For instance, African Americans today must learn about the Triangle Trade in 14<sup>th</sup> century, and remember what the black slaves have suffered. They will deeply understand the value of freedom and the necessity of struggling for equality to white people. In a word, it is the responsibility for everyone to know and remember the history, especially for university students–the representative for well educated people.

Additionally, learning history can also make people wiser and broaden people’s horizon, which is badly need for university students. While reading history events, we can judge history characters from the view of the God. We can see things in a bigger picture so that we will take advantages of our ancestors. Stepping on the shoulder of a giant can provide us with a good eyesight, after all. Just like we can learn from the Industrial Revolution in Britain that the main power of the progress for a society is technology; we can learn from the World War two to get the point that justice will prevail finally. In conclusion, learning history is a good way for a university student to get philosophy of life and gain more wide eyesight.

All in all, with the help of some extra history courses, inspiration might occur just in students’ majors.

December 5, 2020 at 1:53 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. Preposition errors
    2. Article errors
    3. Verb form errors
    4. Word choice errors
    5. Make your argument clear in the introduction, why do you think it is a good idea for students to study history? Answer this in your introduction succinctly.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Tagged: