Some people think that all university students should study whatever they like. Others believe that they should only be allowed to study subjects that will be useful in the future, such as those related to science and technology.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people think that all university students should study whatever they like. Others believe that they should only be allowed to study subjects that will be useful in the future, such as those related to science and technology.

• Cintia
    University: Sustech
    Nationality: China
    February 8, 2020 at 2:01 am

Some people think that all university students should study whatever they like. Others believe that they should only be allowed to study subjects that will be useful in the future, such as those related to science and technology.

What people study at university is crucial to their lifetimes. I hold the view that people should study their favourite subjects, despite the fact that these subjects may be less likely to bring them great job prospects.

Some people think that people cannot live a happy life if they study the subjects which they dislike at university. People majoring in unenjoyable professions will not make an effort to study their subjects. Therefore, it is impossible for them to achieve success in the workplace. Finally, neither doing well in their own subjects, nor being able to achieve their original dreams will make these people depressed.

On the contrary, some adults argue that only can people studying subjects which are useful in the future find jobs to support their lives. Useless jobs mean that the workforce do not deserve to be done by many persons and a consequence is that the job positions for it will be limited in the future. Hence, there will exist enormous unemployed people. It is obvious that those daily struggling for money will not have adequate energy and sufficient power to realize their dreams.

However, I support people to choose whatever they are obsessed with. In the modern society, there are diverse needs and then a great variety of professions. If undergraduates try their best to study their subjects and eventually are skilled at their majors, they will not live on poverty line. Furthermore, they also should keep studying to adapt to the ever-changing world, that will make sure they can always find their own positions in the society.

In conclusion, from where I stand, the government should permit people with enough addiction to their interest to choose majors as they wishes.

February 14, 2020 at 10:51 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. More than 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. More than 10% of the sentences are passive. Convert them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.