Always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship between people. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship between people. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• yuseoj
    University: Hong Kong University
    Nationality: China
    May 5, 2020 at 12:16 pm

Always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship between people. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Honest is a valuable quality in interpersonal communication. However, whether it means we should always telling the truth in any relationship with others has been a hot topic. Some people believe that always telling the truth is the utmost important element when considering a relationship, but I hold the opposite opinion.

First of all, it may hurt others if we always tell the truth. There will be no problems when you tell the truth to a person who has a strong mind. However, the truth will hit an unconfident person outrageously and hurt his/her feelings. For instance, my friend Susan wore a dress that did not fit her very well in the high school union party last year. Although several friends all had the same thoughts with me, only I told it to Susan directly in front of everyone, which definitely embarrassed her. After hearing what I said, being angry and awkward, she left the party immediately and did not answer my messages for two weeks. When our relationship has been a little bit eased, she told me that she did not consider my words as honest, and that what I did merely make her lose face. Therefore, I am afraid I can not agree with that always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship.

Second, there are far more crucial qualities during relationships with others such as sense of humor. When facing an extremely heave and awkward topic, instead of telling the truth directly, it is better and desirable to talk in a humorous and interesting way to eliminate the embarrassing atmosphere. On the other hand, there is no more convincing example of this agreement than the example of Serena Williams. During the London Olympic Games women’s tennis singles award ceremony, the flag of the United State was blown away by the wind, Serena Williams made a joke to break the uncomfortable atmosphere and released everyone’s pressure. So, in the situation of this kind, I think the sense of humor is much more important than always telling the truth.

May 5, 2020 at 3:23 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 60% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.
    3. Lengthy paragraphs. Restrict each paragraph within 85 words.
    4. Many words were wrongly used. Make sure the form of the word is correct. I.E. honest – honesty;
    5. Numerous grammatical errors;
    6. Use your own words to write the first paragraph. Take a look at this essay.
    7. If a pronoun (i.e. it, this, that., etc) fails to echo a noun/nouns clearly, then replace the pronouns with nouns. I.e. whether it means we should.
    8. Avoid using There Be sentence since the Subject THERE does not echo the Subject, or the Object, of the prior sentence.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

yuseoj
    University: Hong Kong University
    Nationality: China
    May 6, 2020 at 8:25 am

Honesty is a valuable quality in interpersonal communication. Many people consider honesty as the fundamental criterion to judge a relationship. Nevertheless, others prefer other qualities, such as altruism and optimism. As subjective as the argument is, everyone has a different answer. I would say honesty is not an essential consideration in any relationship between people.

First of all, it may hurt others if we always tell the truth. It does not matter if telling the truth to a person who has a strong heart. However, the truth might hurt an unconfident person deeply. For instance, a friend of mine, Susan, wore a dress, which did not fit her well in a high school union party. When asked how the dress was, instead of praising it like everyone did, I told Susan the truth directly. Being angry and awkward, she left the party immediately. Later she told me that she had never considered my words as honesty.

Second, qualities like a sense of humor are more crucial in a relationship. Talking humorously can lighten the atmosphere. Nonetheless, stiffly telling the truth could worsen the situation. On the other hand, Serena Williams can be a convincing example of this agreement. A wind blew away the US flag during an award ceremony of tennis, Serena Williams made a joke to break the ice. Therefore, in some situations, other qualities are more important than honesty.

Admittedly, sometimes telling the truth has its unique advantages in a relationship. For example, it allows people to talk frankly to others, making communication more efficient. However, honesty is not always the most important consideration, and other qualities could replace it. For example, corporations need exceptional communication skills to motivate employees to work towards the same goal. Always telling the truth will only make employees feel embarrassed or even lose their confidence.

May 6, 2020 at 4:22 pm

Score: 55.2

Honesty is a valuable quality in that could facilitate [try to include more information in a sentence, but make sure the sentence is concise  ] interpersonal communication. Many As such, many people consider honesty as the a fundamental criterion to judge a healthy relationship. Nevertheless, others [  some…others.. ] still some people prefer other qualities, such as altruism and optimism, to honesty. As subjective as the argument is, everyone has a different answer in terms of specific qualities for striking an enduring relationship. I would say that honesty is not an essential consideration in forming any form of relationships between people.

First of all, it may hurt others if we always tell the truth. It [ consecutive sentences starting with the same word/unclear pronoun  ](does not matter) [ use stronger/clearer verb  ] if telling the truth to a person who has a strong heart. However, the truth might deeply hurt an unconfident person deeply [misplaced   ]. For instance, a friend of mine, Susan, wore a dress, which did not fit her well in a high school union party. When asked how the dress was, instead of praising it like everyone did, I told Susan the truth directly that the dress was sloppy. Being angry and awkward, she left the party immediately. Later she told me that she had never considered my words as honesty.

Second, qualities like a sense of humor are more crucial in to a relationship. Talking humorously can lighten the atmosphere. Nonetheless, stiffly telling the truth could worsen the situation. On the other hand, Here, Serena Williams can be a convincing example of this agreement. A wind blew away the US flag during an award ceremony of tennis, Serena Williams made a joke to break the ice. Therefore, in some situations, other qualities are more important than honesty.

Admittedly, sometimes telling the truth has its unique advantages in a relationship. For example, it allows people to talk frankly to others, making communication more efficient. However, honesty is not always a vital the most important [repetition   ]consideration, and other qualities could replace it. For example, corporations corporate managers need exceptional communication skills to motivate employees to work towards the same goal. Always telling the truth will only make employees feel embarrassed or even lose their confidence.

May 6, 2020 at 5:14 pm

Final revision.