Appealing letter of a Waitlist

• Cxin433
    University: 南方医科大学
    Nationality: China
    March 17, 2019 at 8:54 am

[The Email From XXX University]
    Title: Admission to XXX Graduate School

The Admissions Committee  reviewed your application.  We were impressed by your application, academic record and experiences.
    Unfortunately, while the review found you worthy of acceptance into our program, our resources do not permit us to award financial support to every deserving applicant.  As a result, we are currently placing you on our waiting list.  This means that you are not yet formally accepted in to our program.  However, if funds become available, you may be offered formal acceptance and financial support.  We often have additional resources for graduate student support available after April 15.  We hope that you will keep us informed regarding your availability should you accept an offer elsewhere.
    I am sorry that I cannot give you more definitive news regarding your application at this time.  Although it may be a small consolation, you are currently in the top portion of our waiting list and I hope that we will have the opportunity to offer you acceptance/support and bring you to XXX University.

[My draft of the reply to appeal the University]
    Dear Dr.XXX/ Admissions Committee,

Thank you for your email. I would like to deeply thank the Admissions Committee for taking the time to look through my application and offering me an opportunity to be on the waiting list. I sincerely hope to be accepted off the waitlist and become a dynamic part of the XXX University.

Please allow me to update some of my related experience since applying shortly:
    1. Publication: XXX1. XXX2. XXX3. [The title of the article] (Accepted: [the code of the journal])
    2. In addition to continuously honing a series of research skills in my ongoing project, I am also studying Nutrition independently by going through internet and paper-based materials to gain deeper understanding in this field.

Importantly, I believe the interdepartmental Nutrition Program is an excellent match for my experience and my interests. I would very appreciate it if you would offer me the chance to working and studying in the program.

Again, thank you for your time and consideration. I will keep you updated and I look forward to hearing back from you in the near future. Hope everything goes well.

Sincerely,
    XX

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Lin Qiu Lin Qiu.