Because people are busy doing so many different things, they do very few things well.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Because people are busy doing so many different things, they do very few things well.

• Big tree big shade
    University: Shanghai International Studies University
    Nationality: Chinese
    May 20, 2021 at 8:00 am

Because people are busy doing so many different things, they do very few things well.

To begin with, careful arrangements of all the tasks in advance can lessen time pressure and anxiety. A tight budget of time and effort is the main resource of carelessness and mistakes in the completion of multiple tasks. With all of them taken into consideration in advance, and the top priorities listed in our schedule, we will no longer worry about the deadlines of different duties. My personal experience is a compelling illustration of this. In last semester, I need to write the graduation thesis, participate in the teaching practice and apply for doctoral study program in the meantime. In order to cope with them, I made a detailed plan at the very beginning. Much of the effort was given to the teaching practice at first. As I got accustomed to teaching, I spent more time on my thesis. Additionally, while writing the thesis, I paid particular attention to certain papers and books, which lessened the burden of reading in the doctoral applications. All these tasks were performed satisfactorily due to a meticulous plan in advance and caused little frustration in me. Consequently, I maintain that a busy schedule doesn’t equal to failure in many tasks.

Furthermore, in some cases, different missions complement each other and give us enlightenment and inspiration. Preparation for an upcoming badminton competition can help us relax in the examination week full of tension and anxiety. Volunteering work in a community may serve as an opportunity for the search of meaningful research focus. For instance, the inspiration from my math problems contributed a lot to my mother’s teaching improvement programs when I was at high school. Being a math teacher, she was also occupied with teaching three classes, participating in some teaching enhancement programs. Besides, she had to help me with my math. If she hadn’t dealt with these matters at the same time, she wouldn’t have identified some provoking research focus and finished the program beyond expectation. Based on this experience, I strongly feel that multi-tasks are not an excuse for ill-performance of many duties, but an inspiration for some creative methods and ideas.

May 25, 2021 at 3:44 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 40% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Simplify or split them. (TOEFL/IELTS: 15%- qualifies for non-software revision; 30% applies to GRE writing)
    2. About 20% of the sentences are passive; convert them into their active counterparts. (10%- qualifies for non-software TOEFL/IELTS/GRE writing revision );
    3. Lengthy paragraphs; restrict each paragraph to 90 words.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Big tree big shade
    May 28, 2021 at 5:03 am

To begin with, a careful arrangement of all the tasks in advance can lessen time pressure as well as anxiety. When we face all sorts of matters simultaneously, a major headache is how to allocate time and effort appropriately. This can be solved by taking all major events into consideration and ranking them by their priority. My personal experience is a compelling illustration of this. In the semester before, the graduation thesis, the teaching practice and the application for a doctoral program occurred together. Each of them is significant and time-consuming. In order to distribute time and effort properly, I made a detailed plan at the very beginning of the term. During different phase, I allocate my time and effort according to the urgency and necessity of the tasks. Besides, these tasks are interconnected to some extent. Some of the previous activities are beneficial to the rest ones, which saved me lots of time. All these tasks were performed satisfactorily due to a plan in advance and caused little frustration to me. Consequently, I maintain that a busy schedule doesn’t equal to failure in many tasks.

Furthermore, in most cases, different matters afflicting us complement each other and enlighten us. Preparation for an upcoming badminton competition can help us relax in the busy examination week. Volunteering work in a community may inspire us to initiate a research program. For instance, my mother got inspiration for her teaching enhancement program when helping me with my math. Being a math teacher, she was always occupied with teaching and researching. These tasks didn’t exhaust her, but gave support to each other. If she hadn’t dealt with these matters at the same time, she wouldn’t have identified some provoking research focus and finished the program beyond expectation. Based on this experience, I strongly feel that multi-tasks are not an excuse for ill-performance of many duties, but an inspiration for some creative methods and ideas.

May 28, 2021 at 9:55 am

To begin with, a careful arrangement of all the tasks in advance (simplify) can lessen (word choice error) time pressure as well as anxiety. When we face all sorts of matters (simplify) simultaneously, a major headache is how to allocate time and effort appropriately (rephrase sentence). This can be solved by taking all major events into consideration and ranking them by their priority. My personal experience is a compelling illustration of this. In the semester before, (delete comma) the graduation thesis, the teaching practice and the application for a doctoral program occurred together (combine two previous sentences and simplify). Each of them is significant and time-consuming (can combine with two previous sentences as well). In order to distribute time and effort properly, I made a detailed plan at the very beginning of the term. During different phase (plural), I allocate (verb tense error) my time and effort according to the urgency and necessity of the tasks. Besides, (choose a different transition phrase) these tasks are interconnected to some extent. Some of the previous activities are beneficial to the rest ones (word choice error), which saved me lots of time. All these tasks were performed satisfactorily due to a plan in advance and caused little frustration to me. Consequently, I maintain that a busy schedule doesn’t (avoid conjunctions, too informal) equal to (unnecessary) failure in many tasks. (make introduction paragraph, state your argument and some supporting info succinctly)

Furthermore, in most cases, (use only one of these transition phrases) different matters (word choice error) afflicting us complement each other and enlighten us. Preparation for an upcoming badminton competition can help us relax in (preposition error) the busy examination week. Volunteering (Volunteer) work in a community (unnecessary) may inspire us to initiate (word choice error) a research program. For instance, my mother got inspiration (change to active voice instead of passive) for her teaching enhancement program (simplify) when helping me with my math (homework or studies?). Being (As) a math teacher, she was always occupied with teaching and researching. These tasks didn’t exhaust her, (delete comma) but gave support to (supported) each other. If she hadn’t dealt with these matters at the same time, she wouldn’t (do not use conjunctions) have identified some (unnecessary) thought-provoking research focus (unnecessary) and finished the program beyond expectation. Based on this experience, I strongly feel that multi-tasks (word choice error) are not an excuse for ill-performance of many duties (simplify), but an inspiration for some (unnecessary) creative methods and ideas.

Big tree big shade
    June 2, 2021 at 5:58 am

It is not uncommon for us to encounter multitasks at the same time in our life. Personally, I don’t believe that the tight schedule necessarily leads to unsatisfactory performance of varying tasks. I feel this way for two reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.

To begin with, a careful plan in advance can help us cope well with time pressure. When we encounter multitasks simultaneously, a primary concern is to allocate time and effort appropriately. This can be solved by taking all major events into consideration and ranking them by their priority. My personal experience is a compelling illustration of this. In the semester before I came across three significant and time-consuming tasks. I had to finish the graduation thesis, participate in the teaching practice and apply for a doctoral program at the same time. In order to distribute time and effort properly, I made a detailed plan at the very beginning of the term. During different phases, I allocated my time and effort according to the urgency and necessity of the tasks. Moreover, these tasks were interconnected to some extent. Some of the previous activities were beneficial to the rest, which saved me lots of time. All these tasks were performed satisfactorily due to a plan in advance and caused little frustration to me. Consequently, I maintain that a busy schedule does not equal failure in many tasks.

Furthermore, different tasks afflicting us complement and enlighten each other. Preparation for an upcoming badminton competition can help us relax during the busy examination week. Volunteer work may inspire us to start a research program. For instance, my mother got inspiration for her research when helping me with my math homework.  As a math teacher, she was always occupied with teaching and researching. These tasks didn’t exhaust her but supported each other. If she had not dealt with these matters at the same time, she would not have identified thought-provoking research and finished the program beyond expectation. Based on this experience, I strongly feel that multitasks are not an excuse for unsatisfactory performance, but an inspiration for creative methods and ideas.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that the appearance of many a task at the same time won’t lead to failure in them. This is because we are urged to make a plan ahead of time to distribute time and many of the tasks enlighten and complement each other.

June 2, 2021 at 1:18 pm

Final Revision:

It is not uncommon for us to encounter (simplify) multitasks (multiple tasks) at the same time in our life. Personally, I don’t (do not use conjunctions, too informal) believe that the tight schedule necessarily leads to unsatisfactory performance of varying tasks. I feel this way for two reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.

To begin with, a careful plan in advance can help us cope well with time pressure. When we encounter multitasks (multiple tasks or “When we multitask” multitask is a verb, not a noun)  simultaneously (unnecessary), a primary concern is to allocate time and effort appropriately. This can be solved by taking all major events into consideration and ranking them by their priority. My personal experience is a compelling illustration of this. In the semester before I came across three significant and time-consuming tasks (combine two previous sentences). I had to finish the (my) graduation thesis, participate in the teaching practice (simplify) and apply for a doctoral program at the same time. In order to distribute time and effort properly, I made a detailed plan at the very beginning of the term. During different phases, I allocated my time and effort according to the urgency and necessity of the tasks. Moreover, these tasks were interconnected to some extent. Some of the previous activities were beneficial to the rest, which saved me lots of time. All these tasks were performed satisfactorily due to a plan in advance and caused little frustration to me. Consequently, I maintain that a busy schedule does not equal failure in many tasks.

Furthermore, different tasks afflicting (word choice error) us complement and enlighten (word choice error) each other. Preparation for an upcoming badminton competition can help us relax during the (article error) busy examination week. Volunteer work may inspire us to start a research program. For instance, my mother got the inspiration for her research when helping me with my math homework.  As a math teacher, she was always occupied with teaching and researching. These tasks didn’t exhaust her but supported each other. If she had not dealt with these matters at the same time, she would not have identified thought-provoking research and finished the program beyond expectation (word choice error). Based on this experience, I strongly feel that multitasks are not an excuse for unsatisfactory performance, but an inspiration for creative methods and ideas.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that the appearance of many a task at the same time (simplify) won’t lead to failure in them. This is because we are urged to make a plan ahead of time to distribute time and many of the tasks enlighten and complement each other.

June 4, 2021 at 3:11 am

Revise and resubmit your essay.

Big tree big shade
    June 6, 2021 at 4:17 am

It is common for us to encounter multiple tasks at the same time in our life. Personally, I do not believe that the tight schedule necessarily leads to unsatisfactory performance of varying tasks. I feel this way for two reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.

To begin with, a careful plan in advance can help us cope well with time pressure. When we multitask, a primary concern is to allocate time and effort appropriately. This can be solved by taking all major events into consideration and ranking them by their priority. I learn this from my personal experience in the last semester when I came across three significant and time-consuming tasks. I had to finish my graduation thesis, act as pre-service teacher and apply for a doctoral program at the same time. In order to distribute time and effort properly, I made a detailed plan at the very beginning of the term. During different phases, I allocated my time and effort according to the urgency and necessity of the tasks. Moreover, these tasks were interconnected to some extent. Some of the previous activities were beneficial to the rest, which saved me lots of time. All these tasks were performed satisfactorily due to a plan in advance and caused little frustration to me. Consequently, I maintain that a busy schedule does not equal failure in many tasks.

Furthermore, different tasks complement each other and sometimes can promote each other. Preparation for an upcoming badminton competition can help us relax during a busy examination week. Volunteer work may inspire us to start a research program. For instance, my mother got an inspiration for her research when helping me with my math homework.  As a math teacher, she was always occupied with teaching and researching. These tasks did not exhaust her but supported each other. If she had not dealt with these matters at the same time, she would not have identified thought-provoking research and finished the program magnificently. Based on this experience, I strongly feel that multiple tasks are not an excuse for unsatisfactory performance, but an inspiration for creative methods and ideas.

In conclusion, I strongly believe performing many a task will not lead to failure in them. This is because we are urged to make a plan ahead of time to distribute time and many of the tasks complement and promote each other.

June 6, 2021 at 2:03 pm

It is common for us to encounter [ Working on ] multiple tasks at the same time[simultaneously  ] in our life [can be a common norm  ] . (Personally, I do not believe that the tight schedule necessarily leads to unsatisfactory performance of varying tasks)[ Unclear ] . (I feel this way)[ unclear ] for two reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.[ summarize the reasons here ]

To begin with, a (careful plan)[unclear  ] in advance can help us cope well with (time pressure)[unclear  ][irrelevant to topic  ]  . When we multitask, a primary concern is to allocate time and effort appropriately. This[ unclear pronoun ] can be solved[passive  ] by taking all major events into consideration and ranking them by their priority. I learn this[unclear pronoun  ] from my personal experience (in the last semester)[ dangling/unclear adverbial phrase ] when I came across three significant and[but  ] time-consuming tasks. I had to finish my graduation thesis, act as pre-service [unclear word/article error  ] teacher and apply for a doctoral program at the same time. In order to distribute time and effort properly, I made a detailed plan at the very beginning of the term. During different [ the subsequent ] phases, I (allocated my time and effort)[repetition  ] according to the urgency and necessity of the tasks. Moreover, these tasks[subject fails to echo the subject/object of the prior sentence  ] were interconnected[ passive ] to some extent. Some of the previous activities[ subject fails to echo the subject/object of the prior sentence ] (were beneficial to)[  unnecessary passive] the rest, which saved me lots of time. All these tasks were performed satisfactorily[unnecessary passive  ] due to (a plan in advance )[ unclear ] and caused little frustration to me. Consequently, I maintain[ grammatical error ] that a busy schedule does[grammatical error  ] not equal failure in many tasks.

Furthermore, different tasks complement each other and sometimes can promote each other[unclear sentence  ] . Preparation[ word form error ] for an upcoming badminton competition can help us relax during a busy examination week. Volunteer work may inspire us to start a research program. For instance, my [My  ] mother got an [article error  ] inspiration for her research when helping me with my math homework.  As a math teacher, she was always occupied with teaching and researching[ word form error ] . These tasks did not exhaust her but supported each other[ unclear ] . If she had not dealt with these matters at the same time, she would not have identified thought-provoking research and finished the program[unclear ]  magnificently[ dangling/unclear adverb ] . Based on[wrong phrase  ] this experience, I strongly feel [ word choice error ] that (multiple tasks)[  unclear] are not an excuse for unsatisfactory performance[unclear  ] , [ punctuation error ] but an inspiration for (creative methods and ideas)[logical error  ] .

In conclusion, I strongly believe performing many a task will not lead to failure in them. This[ unclear proun ] is because we are urged to make a plan ahead of time to distribute time and many of the tasks complement and promote each other[ unclear sentence ] .