Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Because people are busy doing so many different things, they do very few things well.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Because people are busy doing so many different things, they do very few things well.

• Lainey
    University: CUPL
    Nationality: China
    November 1, 2020 at 9:35 am

The modern society requires people to have various abilities in order to tackle complex issues. For example, as a lawyer specialized in contrast, I need to have a good command of finance and legislation. Consequently, an increasing number of people become fond of doing multiple things at the same time. Nevertheless, I agree that if people engage in too much different work, they can hardly complete many assignments well.

First of all, human beings have limited attentions, which determines our restricted capacity to complete a number of things simultaneously. As some surveys suggest, people can only concentrate on few things for a limited amount of time. For example, we are all familiar with the situation that after studying hardly for an hour, we need to rest for ten minutes. Otherwise, we can not focus on our task any more. Hence, we must recognize the fact that, as a human instead of a superman, we can only devote our efforts to several things rather than a bunch of different things.

Second, it takes time to complete one thing excellently. We need to accumulate experience, avoid possible traps and collect scientific methodologies when completing an assignment. To illustrate, for being a good store seller in 7-11, one needs to remember prices of all staff, practice using the computer and know how to deal with emergencies. However, those who are busy with handling numerous issues can not guarantee abundant time allocated to each task. As a result, since we need to spend lots of time to finish a task well, one can not accomplish a great many tasks successfully.

To sum up, doing things well demands that people have enough energy and attribute sufficient time on things. Energy ensures efficiency and high quality. Time facilitate experience and practice. For those reasons, I strongly believe that people who are busy doing lots of things lack necessary conditions to finish a task well.

November 2, 2020 at 10:32 pm

Invalid. Please revise your previous essay before submitting another.

Lainey
    University: CUPL
    Nationality: China
    November 19, 2020 at 7:33 am

I have revised my previous essay. Look forward to your reply!