Some people believe that children can learn effectively by watching TV and should be encouraged to watch at home and at school. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people believe that children can learn effectively by watching TV and should be encouraged to watch at home and at school. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

• Leah2000
    University: Beijing Foreign Studies University
    Nationality: China
    February 17, 2020 at 4:07 am

Some people believe that children can learn effectively by watching TV and should be encouraged to watch at home and at school. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It is sometimes argued that watching TV can improve the learning result of children and they can learn successfully by watching TV at home and at school. While I agree that watching TV can sometimes help children learn, I do not believe that promoting this activity is a good idea.

On one hand, watching TV is sometimes beneficial to children’s study. A number of TV programmes contains visual information and plots, which make the learning process interesting and the knowledge easy to understand. It is a good way to raise children’s interest in learning, in particular when they get bored with textbooks and homework. For instance, some programmes perform attractive stories of poems, deepening the understanding of children. These programmes also make it easier for children to learn poems by heart while it is difficult and boring for children to memorize poems by reciting them mechanically due to their small age.

On the other hand, I argue that watching too much TV may have a negative effect on children’s study. Firstly, TV programmes can distract them from study especially without adults’ supervision. Some programmes use games to help children learn better but children may focus on the entertainment, just relax themselves and therefore learn nothing. Furthermore, watching TV alone for a long time may lead to the lack of interaction with others. If children have any questions when watching TV, their teachers cannot give answers immediately, which is likely to cause children’s misunderstandings.

In conclusion, although watching TV enables children to take interest in learning, in my opinion children should not watch too much TV as a result of the harmful impact on their study.

February 18, 2020 at 10:09 pm

Score: 62.2

Issues:

1. More than 60% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. More than 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Leah2000
    February 19, 2020 at 5:13 am

It is sometimes argued that watching TV can improve the learning result of children. While I agree that watching TV can help children learn, I do not believe that promoting this activity is a good idea.

On the one hand, watching TV is sometimes beneficial to children’s studies. Numerous TV programmes contain visual information and plots, which make the learning process enjoyable and knowledge easy to understand. It is a feasible way to raise children’s interest in learning, in particular when they get bored with textbooks. For instance, some programmes perform amusing stories of poetry and fiction, enhancing children’s understanding of them. These programmes also make it easier for children to learn poems by heart while it is difficult and tedious for children to memorize poems by rote.

On the other hand, I argue that watching too much TV may adversely affect children’s studies. First of all, TV programmes can distract them from learning, especially without adults’ supervision. Some shows use games to help children learn better, but children who lack self-discipline may be addictive to entertainment, merely relax themselves and learn nothing. Furthermore, watching TV alone may lead to children’s misunderstanding of issues due to lack of discussion with others. If children have questions when watching TV, their teachers cannot give answers immediately, which is likely to cause children’s confusion. They may then stick to their own understanding that is likely to be wrong.

In conclusion, my view is that watching TV enables children to take interest in learning, but they should not watch too much TV as a result of the harmful impact on their studies.

February 20, 2020 at 2:27 am

Score: 64.8

Issues:

1. Nearly 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. More than 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Leah2000
    February 20, 2020 at 3:57 am

For many people, watching TV is an essential activity during their formative years.  While watching TV can help children learn, I do not believe that promoting this activity is a good idea.

On the one hand, watching TV is sometimes beneficial to children’s studies. Many TV programmes contain visual information and plots, which make the learning process enjoyable. It is a possible way to raise children’s interest in learning, especially when they get bored with textbooks. It is difficult and tedious for children to memorize poems by rote. However, some programmes make it easier for children to learn poems by heart. These programmes perform amusing stories of poetry and fiction to enhance children’s understanding of them.

On the other hand, I argue that watching too much TV may adversely affect children’s studies. First of all, TV programmes can distract them from learning without adults’ supervision. For example, some shows use games to help children learn better.  Nevertheless, children who lack self-discipline may be addicted to entertainment and learn nothing. Furthermore, watching TV alone may lead to children’s misunderstanding of issues. That’s because they cannot discuss with others. If children have questions when watching TV, teachers cannot give answers immediately, which is likely to cause children’s confusion. They may then stick to their own understanding that is likely to be wrong.

In conclusion, watching TV enables children to take an interest in learning. Meanwhile, they should not watch too much TV as a result of the harmful impact on their studies.

February 20, 2020 at 4:39 am

Score: 69.4

For many people, watching TV is an essential activity during their formative years.  While/Although watching TV can help children learn, I do not believe that promoting this activity is a good idea [ Informal writing].

On the one hand, watching TV( is sometimes beneficial to) [dull Be verb ] children’s studies. Many TV programs contain visual information and plots, which make the learning process enjoyable. [lack organic connection from the prior sentence ](It is a possible way to) [ redundant] raise children’s interest in learning, especially when they get [ informal] bored with textbooks. (It is difficult and tedious for) [redundant ] children to memorize poems by rote. However, some programs (make it easier for) [ redundant] children to learn poems by heart. These programs perform [wrong word ] amusing stories of poetry and fiction to enhance children’s understanding of them [unclear pronoun ].

On the other hand, I argue that watching too much TV may adversely affect children’s studies. First of all, TV programs can distract them from learning (without adults’ supervision) [disposition ]. For example, some shows use games to help children learn better.  Nevertheless, children who lack self-discipline may be [dull BE verb ] addicted to entertainment and learn nothing. Furthermore, watching TV alone may lead to children’s misunderstanding of issues. [ choppy sentence]That’s because they cannot discuss with others. If children have questions when watching TV, teachers [coherence issue/the subject of a sentence should echo the subject/object of the prior sentence ] cannot give answers immediately, which is likely to cause children’s confusion. They may then stick to their own understanding (that is likely to be wrong) [wordy ].

In conclusion, watching TV enables children( to take an interest in) [ redundant] learning. Meanwhile, they should not watch too much TV as a result of the harmful impact on their studies.

Leah2000
    February 22, 2020 at 4:34 am

For many people, watching TV is an essential activity during their formative years.  Although watching TV can help children learn, I do not believe that promoting this activity can yield significant academic benefits.

On the one hand, watching TV can sometimes benefit children’s studies. One reason is that many TV programmes contain visual information and plots, which make the learning process enjoyable. It can raise children’s interest in learning, especially when they lose interest in textbooks. For instance, it is tedious for children to memorize poems by rote. However, in some programmes, actors perform amusing dramas adapted from poetry to enhance children’s understanding of poetry. Therefore, these programmes make it easier for children to learn poems by heart.

On the other hand, I argue that watching too much TV may adversely affect children’s studies. First of all, without adults’ supervision, TV programmes can distract them from learning. For example, some shows use games to help children learn better.  Nevertheless, children who lack self-discipline may indulge in entertainment and learn nothing. Secondly, watching TV alone may lead to children’s misunderstanding of learning problems. That’s because they cannot discuss with others. If children have questions when watching TV, teachers cannot give them answers immediately, which is likely to cause children’s confusion. They may then stick to their wrong understanding.

In conclusion, watching TV enables children to enjoy learning. Meanwhile, they should not watch too much TV as a result of the harmful impact on their studies.

February 22, 2020 at 10:51 pm

Score: 65.1

Final Revision

For many people, watching TV is an essential activity during their formative years.  Although watching TV this activity can help children learn, I do not believe that promoting this activity can yield significant academic benefits.

On the one hand, watching TV can sometimes benefits children’s studies. For instance, One reason is that many TV programmes contain both the visual information and the tempting plots of TV programs can , which make the learning process enjoyable It can raise/prompt children’s interest in learning, especially when they lose their interest in textbooks. For instance, iIt is tedious for children to memorize poems by rote. However, ;in some programmes, however, actors perform amusing dramas adapted from poetry to enhance children’s understanding of poetry. Therefore, these programmes make it easier for children to learn poems by heart.

On the other hand, I argue that watching too much TV may adversely affect children’s studies. First of all, without adults’ supervision, TV programmes [  adults don’t supervise programmes ] can distract them[  unclear pronoun ] from learning. For example, some shows use games to help children learn better.  Nevertheless, children who lack self-discipline may indulge in entertainment and learn nothing. Secondly, watching TV alone may lead to children’s misunderstanding of learning problems. That’s[informal   ] because they cannot discuss with others. If children have questions when watching TV, teachers cannot give them answers immediately, which is likely to cause children’s confusion. They [  unclear pronoun/your mentioned several plural nouns ]may then stick to their wrong understanding.

In conclusion, watching TV enables children to enjoy learning. Meanwhile, they should not watch too much TV as a result in light of the harmful impact on their studies.