co-education or single-sex school

• qyf43
    University: east china university of political science and law
    Nationality: china
    March 27, 2020 at 9:31 am

Parents’ opinions are divided over the better choice of whether the co-education or attending the single-sex school for their own children. In this essay, I will discuss both sides of views and put forward my perspective.

On the one hand, advocates of the single-sex education argue that children are able to grow healthily as well as get access to specially-designed courses for girls or boys. With regard to the former, attending the schools of the same gender effectively avoid some irresponsible sexual activities between the teenagers and even the crimes or abortions they lead to.Given immature students do not have the slightest idea about the serious consequence of sex, girls and boys are easily manipulated by their feelings. Another reason may stem from the satisfaction to the particularly arrangement considering the different character in gender. For example, the all-boy schools would allow students take more PE lessons together to strengthen their power as well as foster the perseverance spiritually, while the curriculum like handcrafts, foreign languages may be more common in the girls-only school.

On the other hand, some parents claim the co-education are preferable.Firstly, the school mixing up girls and boys can help students learn how to get along with the opposite sexual classmates, which is also required in the future careers. Moreover, with respective specialty,boys and girls complement each other both in study and in life.For instance, the boys can help teachers mobilize the atmosphere in the classrooms and girls can set an example for those naughty boys to observe the school discipline. In addition, the various choice of lessons designed for both sexual students can enable girls who have common interests with boys, such as playing football or computing, to exchange ideas with more like-minded boys.

To conclude, I concede that the single-sex school has its unique advantages in security and the suitable courses meeting most demands of students.Nevertheless,I convinced that more students with different gender study together outweighs the former view, for it provides students with more possibilities and cultivate their ability more earlier.