Computers are often argued to be the most important invention of the last hundred years. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Computers are often argued to be the most important invention of the last hundred years. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

• CNUO
    University: Tianjin University
    Nationality: China
    July 18, 2020 at 2:54 pm

Computers are often argued to be the most important invention of the last hundred years. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

With the progress of society and the development of science and technology, computers have spread to almost everyone. And Computers are always regarded as the most important invention in the past 100 years. In my opinion, computers can be supposed to one of the most important inventions in the last century, but it is not the only most important one.

First of all, we can not deny that the invention of the computer has played a positive role in the development of society. In almost all fields, computers bring benefits to people. For example, in some factories, computers help engineers calculate, which not only making their work more efficient but also making their results more accurate. A computer can think and remember things like man, but it is millions of times faster than human begins. Moreover, computers bring convenience to students. Students can use computers to study independently at home. They can use computers to check the information given by teachers instead of going to school.

Although the invention of computers has greatly changed our lives, I think that there are other inventions that are as important as computers, such as Internet, electricity and so on. When the computer leaves the network, its functionality will be greatly reduced. Most of the time, computers rely on the Internet for work, and only the Internet can make the sharing of resources around the world and make it more convenient for people to communicate. And the invention of electricity is even more important than the computer. If there is no electricity, the computer will not play any role.

To conclude, from my perspective, the computer is indeed a great invention in the past 100 years, but not the most important one. But in any case, computers have entered our daily life, actually, we can’t live without computers now.

July 22, 2020 at 2:41 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. Capitalization error;
    2. Article errors;
    3. Sentence clarity;
    4. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split some of them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.