Cooking a meal at home is better than going out to eat?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Cooking a meal at home is better than going out to eat?

• Christina Zeng
    University: Xiangtan University
    Nationality: China
    May 11, 2020 at 1:38 pm

Cooking a meal at home is better than going out to eat?

Some people like to eat out because of convenience and variety restaurants can bring. However, others prefer to prepare and cook a meal at home. As far as I am concerned, comparing with going out for a meal, I prefer to eat at home.

No one would deny that we are all in pursuit of happiness. And the happiness can come from the course of cooking a meal at home. At home, family members can prepare the food and enjoy meal together which can enhance the relationship between family members. Take my family as an example. As each Spring Festival draw near, my family will have a dinner at home to reunite together. Every member will share almost everything they’ve learned in this year and talk jokes to create a harmonious and relaxing environment. Parents can know better about their children, and meanwhile, children can learn to help do some household tasks which will greatly increase the intimacy between parents and children. A warm and joyful atmosphere can always bring people endless delight.

Besides, there is a great characteristic is that cooking at home can save money. Unlike restaurants, we don’t need to shell out a lot for services and food at home. For instance, your friend and you are planning to go for a dinner. The same money you’ve spent, the more delicious food you will enjoy at home. What’s more, you can use the rest of money you’ve saved to do any other things, such as shopping and watching movies that you like.

Admittedly, eating in restaurants has its own advantages. For those people who are too busy to cook for themselves, eating out can be a worthy choice to consider. In addition, comparing with home-made food, there are more various food you can order that you may have not taste before.

All in all, from what I have been discussed above, cooking at home overweighs eating out. Concerns about cooking at home shouldn’t obscure the good comes from it. Personally, I prefer to eat at home.

May 16, 2020 at 2:19 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. Various grammatical errors.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Christina Zeng
    University: Xiangtan University
    Nationality: China
    May 17, 2020 at 2:13 pm

Some people like to eat out because of convenience and diversity restaurants can bring, while others prefer to prepare and cook a meal at home. From where I stand, compared with going out for a meal, I prefer to eat at home.

No one would deny that we are all in pursuit of happiness. And it can come from the course of cooking a meal at home. At home, family members can prepare the food and enjoy a meal together, which can enhance the relationship between family members. Parents have a chance to communicate with their kids, and meanwhile, children can learn to help with some household tasks, which will develop intimacy with their parents. Imagine that your family is going to have family dinner, you and your brothers try to help with your mothers,

Another advantage is that cooking at home can save money. Unlike restaurants, we don’t need to shell out a lot for services and food at home. For instance, you and your friend are planning to go for dinner at home, both of you can have a steak and a drink as your dinner; while the same amount of money you have to order some food in restaurants, the less delicious food you can enjoy since you have to pay part of fee for services.

Of course, eating in restaurants has its advantages. For those people who are too busy to cook for themselves, eating out can be a worthy choice to consider. Also, for those people who are not much of a cooker, having dinner outside seems to be the only choice.

All in all, from what I have discussed above, cooking at home overweighs eating out. Concerns about cooking at home shouldn’t obscure the good comes from it. Personally, I prefer to eat at home.

May 17, 2020 at 4:05 pm

Some people like to eat out because of [ article error ]convenience and diversity [ unclear word ] restaurants can bring, while others prefer to (prepare and cook) [ repetition ] a meal at home. From where I stand, compared with going out for a meal, I prefer to eat at home.

No one would deny that we are all (in pursuit of) [wordy  ] happiness. And [punctuation error with coordinating word  ] it [ unclear pronoun ]can come from the course of cooking a meal at home. [At home, family members can prepare the food and enjoy a meal together, which can enhance the relationship between family members. Parents have a chance to communicate with their kids, and meanwhile, children can learn to help with some household tasks, which will develop intimacy with their parents. Imagine that your family is going to have [ article error ]family dinner, you and your brothers try to help with your mothers.] [  wordy]

Another advantage is that cooking at home can save money. Unlike restaurants, we [wrong comparison  ] don’t need to( shell out a lot for services and food ) [unclear  ]at home. For instance, you [ inconsistency in person/ you- we ] and your [ inconsistency in person ] friend are planning to go for dinner at home, [ punctuation error ]both of you can have a steak and a drink as your dinner; while the same amount of money you have to order some food in restaurants [grammatical error  ], the less delicious food you can enjoy since you have to pay part of fee for [ article error ]services.

Of course, eating in restaurants has its advantages. For those people who are too busy to cook for themselves, eating out can be a worthy choice to consider. Also, for those people who are not much of a cooker [ wrong word ], having dinner outside seems to be the only choice.

All in all, from what I have discussed above, cooking at home overweighs eating out. Concerns about cooking at home shouldn’t obscure the good comes from it [ grammatical errors ]. Personally, I prefer to eat at home.

Tagged: