• Mmz
    University: 中央财经大学
    Nationality: Chinese
    April 12, 2021 at 6:26 am

People have different views on whether the punishments for crime should be fixed. Although there are many benefits to fixed punishments, I do believe that it is better to judge each crime individual.
    There are several good agreements for having one punishment for each crime.Firstly, it is fair for every criminal, fixed punishment provides a fair justice system.Secondly, these punishments would allow those people who would like to commit crime.They should think about the consequences of his behavior.Thirdly, people who are about to commit crime could be deterred by the fixed punishment.For example, if someone knows killing people could also cost his life, he may think twice before the crime.
    However, I would like to sustain that the punishment should consider the individual circumstances.Judging people in investing their motivation may decide the best response.This will have advantages to building a humane system.People who decide to commit a crime may not just be for malice.For example, if the store was stolen by poor people who needed to feed the whole family, her punishment could be lessened.But if people who just steal to make profit, they must receive huge punishment, because he had a bad effect on society.
    In conclusion, fixed punishment has advantages to society, but it is less human.I reckon that the punishment should consider the motivation for crime, and commit it by circumstances of an individual crime.

April 13, 2021 at 2:27 am

Please provide the essay topic.