Developments of technology are causing environmental problems. Some people think the solution is that everyone accepts a simpler life, while others believe that technology can solve these problems. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Developments of technology are causing environmental problems. Some people think the solution is that everyone accepts a simpler life, while others believe that technology can solve these problems. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

• Sean
    University: 西南政法
    Nationality: China
    June 26, 2020 at 5:53 pm

Developments of technology are causing environmental problems. Some people think the solution is that everyone accepts a simpler life, while others believe that technology can solve these problems. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Technology has revolutionized the ways we live our lives. While it is clear that the application of some technologies can cause damage to the environment, I believe that technology can also offer a solution to environmental problems.

If people choose to reduce their reliance on various technologies, it can help reduce pollution. They can cut down on car usage and make an effort to avoid unnecessary journeys. For example, some people choose to go shopping by bike or on foot, giving up driving cars. It is also possible for them to spend a holiday locally, instead of travelling overseas; because of this, the demand for air travel declines. These can reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

On the other hand, some environmental problems cannot be solved without technological sollutions, such as the application of renewable resources. Wind power and solar energy have been used around the world, thereby reducing the demand for fossil fuels. Electric cars and hybrid cars have also been in high demand worldwide, while conventional cars have lost the market share gradually. These technological advances can alleviate pollution.

In my view, some technologies have enabled us to enjoy modern life without increasing the environmental impact of our daily activities. By using computers and new communication technology, many people do not need to travel to work every day or drive to supermarkets; instead, they shop and work online. This can reduce carbon footprint. This is particularly important for areas whose residents suffer from traffic congestion and air pollution.

To summarize, technology is linked to some environmental problems such as air pollution in our lives, but I believe that technological advances can address environmental issues over time.

June 26, 2020 at 11:03 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.