Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of working from home.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of working from home.

• Henry-Huang
    University: University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
    Nationality: Chinese
    February 12, 2020 at 3:13 am

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of working from home. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. Write at least 250 words.

Nowadays, working from home has become a popular working style. The last few decades witnessed the increasing proportion of workers who are liable to work from home instead of working at the office. However, what are the pros and cons of working from home? In this essay, I will discuss both the advantages and disadvantages of this question.

One of the major positives of working from home is it saves people`s time from daily shuttling between home and the workplace. In some tier-one cities in China, people usually spend two to three hours on their way to work with another two to three hours needed when they get off work. Working from home to saves this meaningless time wasted on the road. In addition, working from home puts people under a casual and relaxing working environment without competing and noisy atmosphere, workers could follow their own pace and tend to increase their productivity.

On the other hand, working from home means an ambiguous boundary between people`s work and their personal life. Many things in their private life, such as naughty pets would be distractions. As a result, people may become hard to focus on their tasks and easily fall out of the schedule. Besides, studies proposed recently reveal that people who work from home are more easily be exploited by employers.

To sum up, working from home has both merits and demerits. It saves people`s time from daily shuttling while exposing workers to exploitation. Personally speaking, the negatives of working from home outweigh the positives. Working at the office fits me more and helps me maintain a good work-life balance.

February 14, 2020 at 4:42 am

Score: ungraded

Nowadays, working from home has become a popular working style. [ logical disconnection from the prior sentence ]The last few decades witnessed the increasing proportion of workers who are [grammatical error  ]liable to work from home instead of working at the office. However, what are the pros and cons of working from home? In this essay, I will discuss both the advantages and disadvantages of this question.

One of the major positives of working from home is [grammatical error  ]it saves people`s time from daily shuttling between home and the workplace. In some tier-one cities in China, people usually spend two to three hours on their way to work with another two to three hours needed when they get off work [ wordy/unclear ]. Working from home to saves this meaningless time wasted on the road [grammatical error  ]. In addition, working from home puts [ wrong word ]people under a casual and relaxing working environment without competing [wrong word  ] and noisy atmosphere, [ punctuation error ]workers could follow their own pace and tend to increase their productivity.

On the other hand, working from home means an ambiguous boundary between people`s work and their personal life. Many things in their private life, such as naughty pets would be distractions [ grammatical error ]. As a result, people may become hard [  wrong word] to focus on their tasks and easily fall out of the schedule. Besides, studies proposed recently reveal that people who work from home are more easily be exploited by employers.

To sum up, working from home has both merits and demerits. It [unclear pronoun  ] saves people`s time from daily shuttling [repetition  ]while exposing workers to exploitation. Personally speaking, the negatives of working from home outweigh the positives. Working at the office fits me more and helps me maintain a good work-life balance.