DIY留学暑期研习Summer Research Internship套词信

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. 怎样写套词信 DIY留学暑期研习Summer Research Internship套词信

• Wanying_SONG
    University: 华中师范大学(硕),武汉大学(本)
    Nationality: 汉族
    March 17, 2019 at 3:11 am

DIY留学暑期研习Summer Research Internship套词信

Dear Professor Mei-Po Kwan,

I am Wanying SONG, a second-year master student majoring in Human Geography at Central China Normal University (CCNU) and my undergraduate study is Geography at Wuhan University (WHU). I am writing to ask if there is any position of a summer research internship in your group to be better prepared for being a future Ph.D. under your supervise.

Spending 4 years on geography at Wuhan University (WHU), I have mastered the fundamental knowledge and practical skills (such as data statistics, analysis and virtualization, spatial analysis, map design and export, Remote Sensing Image Interpretation, etc.) around human geography, physical geography, 3Ss(GIS, GPS and RS) and several outdoor practice experiences, which laid a solid foundation for my master research. There are two major and complete works in my master study up to now, including the Spatial Distribution Stimulation and Population Exposure of PM2.5 Based on Land Use Regression and Accessibility and Equity of Green Space for the senior citizens in Community Scale based on Ga2SFCA. Other works in bachelor and master research involve in life expectancy, health risk of soil pollution, urban ecology with RS data, the Citation analysis, place identities which you can learn more in my CV.

Due to the study about the spatial accessibility, I read lots of literature related to temporal and behavioral geography, the Space-time prism, especially the two books compiled by Professor Chai Yanwei: The Frontier of Space-time Behavior Research and Spatial Behavior and Behavioral Space, which probes into people’s behavior in a finer scale and tells an objective and vivid story to readers. The lectures hold by CCNU and WHU also give me lots of inspiration on these fields. With easy access to GPS, almost everything leaves its footprints in the space. I believe the time-space behavior research combined with the big data will continue to flourish in the future and the results will be conductive to urban planning, smart city and future city. In my Ph.D. study, I want to go further in this field and do some contribution to the urban development. Since my interest and your research match perfectly for each other, I would be very appreciated if I can work in your group in the coming summer.

Besides, I have been in Paris for the study of Climate Change in the Artic at UVSQ (Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines) for one month and join in the English Corner at CCNU frequently, I am sure there is no main obstacles in the way of communicating in your group. With the theory and skills I have mastered in this field, I believe I will be a good assistant in your group. If there is any question or you want to know more, transcripts or anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me.

My CV is attached for your reference.

Thanks for your reading and looking forward to your reply.

March 19, 2019 at 2:17 am

Your lengthy contact letter will discourage the professor to read. Simplify it within 100 words.

Regards,

Lin Qiu

The forum ‘怎样写套词信’ is closed to new topics and replies.