Do you agree or disagree: The rules the societies today expect young people to follow and obey are too strict.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree: The rules the societies today expect young people to follow and obey are too strict.

• Tinaaaaa
    University: highschool
    Nationality: China
    May 20, 2020 at 4:05 pm

Some people think that nowadays young people have freedom. The society prizes their own will, so young people can do most of the things they want. However, I believe that young students are restricted by many rules in family, school and workplace.

First, the society expects students to obey family rules to show their filial piety. Parents will always set many rules for their children. For example, many parents do not allow their children to watch TV while they are eating, do not allow students to stay up late at night and prohibit their students to play outside until midnight. If students do not obey these rules their parents set for them, parents will scold them harshly and punish them by taking away their phone. Once I did not listen to my mom and hung out with friends during midnight. When my mother found out the mistake and made, she was in rage and criticized me for being not filial enough to her. Many students have similar experience with me. Students are in their parents’ control. They do not have freedom.

Third, when young people begins their career, the society requires them to follow the rules in workplaces, or they will be dismissed. The demand for jobs is always larger than the supply of jobs, especially in the job market of China. The employers do not need to worry about workforce shortage. They set strict rules for the employees to improve productivity and dismiss the employees if they do not follow these strict rules. For example, many companies ask their employees to work from 7 o’clock in the morning to 7 0’clock in the afternoon. Though many people are tired for the long-hour-work, they do not dare to overturn these rules, because they fear of unemployment.

In conclusion, the societies set rules for young people in families, schools and workplace. Young people have to obey them or there will be dire consequences.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”> </span>

(I am going to take TOEFL soon, but I have no idea what is the score for my writing parts…I am quite anxious actually…)

Tinaaaaa
    University: highschool
    Nationality: China
    May 20, 2020 at 4:10 pm

Will it be a little verbose to write about 500 words? I heard that it is crucial to include details in this essay, but when I include all those details in my examples, the word count soon adds up.