All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• Charlotte_
    University: KGU
    Nationality: Japan
    May 17, 2020 at 2:07 am

All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Based on my personal observations, I think the government should not force all universities to require students to enroll in history courses.

Firstly, one of the main reasons that most of the students who decide to attend a university nowadays is to learn the knowledge which is helpful to them to get a better job after graduation. Nonetheless, a couple of credits of history course are almost no help to people who are applying to the first job. For example, James, who was one of my classmates in the history course when I was at university. He told me he had attended over 50 job interviews for getting his first job, which is a large number, but no interviewers asked anything about his grade of history course in the interviews.

Secondly, the portfolio of courses at university should be more specific and more focused on the major the student chooses. That is to say, for instance, a student who majors in business administration should be required to take courses in finance, accounting, management, etc., instead of history. As a result, they can be more knowledgeable and professional in their chosen field. On the other hand, if all students are required to take a lot of courses which have nothing to do with their major, it will be hard for them to be an expert in their chosen domain, which is against the purpose of the higher education system.

Lastly, it is true that young people should know about their culture and history. However, according to my personal experience, the knowledge about our history which we learned in junior high and the senior high are detailed enough. To be more specific, all students are required to take history courses in the 6 years of high school education, which is long enough for most students not only to know the country’s history very well but also have basic ideas about world history.

In conclusion, I do not think that all university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is.

May 17, 2020 at 8:31 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 70% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 30% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

May 17, 2020 at 8:31 pm

Please add my WeChat account to receive feedback. Thanks!