Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In twenty years there will be fewer cars in use than there are today. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In twenty years there will be fewer cars in use than there are today. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• Violet Zhuang
    University: Nanjing Forestry University
    Nationality: China
    December 1, 2020 at 5:36 am

Undoubtedly, cars play an crucial part in daily life because it provide a great convenience for modern people. However, with the rapid development of the technology and society, we can hardly imagine how drastic changes will happen in twenty years. Therefore, I could hardly agree more with the statement that the number of the car will decrease in the future.

To begin with, the intense environmental problems promote us to restrict the use of the car. To be more specific, transporting tools like cars usually emit large amounts of greenhouse gas. This is mainly because the motor needs to burn fuels to provide power. And during the process, it may give off noxious fumes which contains harmful substance and contaminates the environment constantly. As a result, the ozone hole becomes larger and seriously influenced the global climate.  You see, when I was young, there weren’t as many as cars like today. The sky is always blue and we don’t need to wear gauze masks in order to avoid inhaling haze. But now, especially in winter, fog day is so common to see and it really makes me feel frustrated. That’s why I approve the idea for vehicle restriction.

What’s more, modern citizens have made significant changes to their life styles. For one thing, individuals attach much importance to physical well-being. People may seize chance to do exercise, which means when they head for somewhere, walking or riding may be a good choice for them instead of sitting in a car. For another, the advent of the high-speed rail opens up new possibilities for people to travel. The bullet train is so convenient and cost-effective that travelers have a preference for it when organizing a trip. Hence, car usage is predicted to decrease.

In a nutshell, I do believe that there will be less cars in two decades for the reasons illustrated above.

December 5, 2020 at 3:35 am

Invalid. Please revise your previous essay before submitting another.