Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: It is better to work in large companies than in the small ones.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: It is better to work in large companies than in the small ones.

• Jian
    University: Currently in 11th grade
    Nationality: China
    September 25, 2020 at 6:11 am

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: It is better to work in large companies than in the small ones.

When people are considering about workplaces, one thing must have come to their attention, which is whether they prefer to accept an offer in a big company or a small one. Different people have different opinions and preferences. However, it is the small companies that I would see as a better choice.

To start with, small-sized companies provide their employees with more opportunities. Since they have less workers than big companies, it is very likely that one could get some projects to work on as soon as he or she enters the company; and for those work in big companies, they might have to start their career with simply printing materials or making coffee for the crew. Take my aunt as an example, she was an intern in a global company, and most of her job was to check grammar mistakes in some paperworks. But when she joined a local small construction company after internship, she was actually assigned with a few clients.

Secondly, the relationships among co-workers in small companies are usually closer. Needless to say, working in a 5 people department makes remembering everyone’s names and hobbies way easier than a 20 people department. And people all love to have their personal preferences to be remembered, as it shows them they are important in others’ minds. Therefore, employees may like each other better for feeling cared about, and willing to help with others’ problems. Thus building a close relationship among one another. For instance, my uncle used to work as a clark in a small bank, where there was only 4 people in his department, and everybody was nice to each other. Some of his colleagues bring homemade cookies to share with the team often times, and they would chat during this lovely cookie time, and natually establish a close friendship.

In conclusion, small companies can offer employees with better chances at work, and friendlier atmosphere than big ones. So I believe working in small companies rather than big ones is a better choice.

October 12, 2020 at 1:55 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. Lengthy paragraphs. Restrict each paragraph to 90 words.
    2. About 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    3. About 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.