Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is difficult for teachers to be both popular(well-liked) and effective in teaching. 

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is difficult for teachers to be both popular(well-liked) and effective in teaching. 

• youqi
    University: southwest jiaotong university
    Nationality: china
    May 4, 2020 at 5:39 pm

Education has always been people’s highly concerned topic in our society. Thus, teachers are frequently focused because they have a great influence on education. Some students expect a teacher who is both favored and helpful in teaching. In my opinion, it would be challenging to come true because being popular and effective simultaneously is a thing for teachers.

First, it’s inevitable for teachers to be strict if they desire their students to learn effectively. Because they have to use various methods to ensure that students have a good command of knowledge. Take my experience for example, I confronted a tough teacher when I was a high school student. I was so scared of him because he quizzed us every day, and I usually suffered from punishment from my bad score. Nevertheless, I entered a good university due to his rigorous teaching. Therefore, a teacher that is effective in teaching seldom being popular with his students.

Second, some teachers have advantages that are insignificant for teaching, such as favorable looking appearance and so on, which make teachers tend to ignore their education quality. For instance, my sister is a charming girl and worked for a primary school. She was popular among her students, which is benefited from her kind smile, even though her teaching is ordinary. In this case, it would lead to teachers that be popular through shortcuts tend to not pay attention to their education quality. Thus they couldn’t offer effective teaching to students.

Admittedly, teachers who are both popular and effective in teaching exist. However, such outstanding teachers are rare. Having high-quality teaching needs intelligence and being popular with students need emotional intelligence. It’s nearly unrealistic for teachers to achieve such high stander since being popular and effective is conflicted to a certain degree. Maybe many teachers possess one of them, but very few people could obtain them simultaneously.

In conclusion, from what has been discussed above, it may be true that a very limited number of teachers can be popular and helpful in their class. However, It’s rather obvious that it’s challenging to achieve these standards.

May 5, 2020 at 3:23 am

Invalid [ I will not work on this essay prior to your completion of the other essay under revision.]

Tagged: