To improve the quality of education, universities should spend more money on salaries for university professors. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing To improve the quality of education, universities should spend more money on salaries for university professors. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• qq
    University: Sun Yat-sen University
    Nationality: China
    September 16, 2020 at 11:00 am

To improve the quality of education, universities should spend more money on salaries for university professors. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

First and foremost, spending more money on salaries for professors is not equivalent to improve the effectiveness of education, as professors who gain more money without any efforts are probable not to put more attention on teaching. Meanwhile, they may think now that it is easy to get more payment, there is no need to work hard. Not to mention that some professors are not responsible for their students no matter how much their salaries.

Furthermore, the fact that even the best professor can not make a lazy student study hard indicates that the students’ enthusiasm of learning is more important than the level of professor. Take the case of my friend, Alex, a common college student, who has studied independently for three years with an intense enthusiasm. As a result, he finally was admitted to Peking University as a graduate student. Had it not been for his enthusiasm, Alex would never be admitted to Peking University.

Nevertheless, a voice arises that it is necessary to give professors more money for the improvement of quality of education. Ironically, it means that there is less money to purchase facilities and materials that students must use in the experimental class if university divert resources to professors, which is adverse to practical study. Therefore, the resources of education should be put a considerable part on equipment and materials.

In a nutshell, I maintain that it is not worthy spending more money on salaries for professors to improve the quality of education. Admittedly, as my favorite quote from James Madison goes, as long as the reason of man continues fallible, different opinions will be formed. However, I believe they will compromise after being exposed to my article.

September 16, 2020 at 7:51 pm

Score: 48.6

Issues:

1. Many sentences are lengthy, grammatically wrong and hard to understand.
    2. About 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    3. About 30% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.