Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Younger children (aged from five to ten) should be required to study art and music in addition to math, language, science and history? Please use specific details and examples in your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Younger children (aged from five to ten) should be required to study art and music in addition to math, language, science and history? Please use specific details and examples in your answer.

• lwlx2h
    University: Sun-Yat Sen University
    Nationality: China
    August 27, 2020 at 1:17 am

People improve multiple abilities and benefit a lot by studying art and music in their childhood. As a result, I strongly agree with the statement. However, when guiding their children to study, parents should respect their children’s ideas rather than force them to learn.

To begin with, except for the ability to speak and solve mathematical problems, some other abilities, such as singing and dancing, appreciating artwork, and creating handicrafts, should also be fostered. Despite hard work and efforts are required during the studying process, these skills create values. For example, a child with more capabilities is more competitive in applying a school; a child with more skills is more likely to own common hobbies with other children, and thus make friends with others more easily. Besides, skills also give us more possibilities for our careers. Some renowned singers, such as Ed Sheeran, played music at an early age. If they had parents who only taught them how to speak and socialize, they could not become a famous singer and have today’s achievements.

Moreover, children will benefit from the experience they learn from art and music in their childhood. When they grow up, they may be more patient and creative than their peers. Take me, for example. I studied painting when I was only seven years old. Then it ended up when I was twelve due to tough coursework. During my art study, I always sat in my living room and spent a whole afternoon drawing oil paintings. Although unable to become an artist, I became more meticulous and dedicated. And these characters help me quickly focus on my study and thus obtain high scores in exams. Today I am grateful to my parents for their decisions to require me to study painting.

lwlx2h
    University: Sun-Yat Sen University
    Nationality: China
    August 27, 2020 at 1:17 am

However, parents and educational institutions must pay attention to the way they help the children to learn. They can play music in the house to inspire their children, or buy their children markers and show them how to use markers to create beautiful paintings. In other words, parents should patiently guide their children and raise children’s interests instead of forcing them to learn what they are not willing to learn. Otherwise, things may backfire.

In conclusion, studying art and music not only equips children with more skills that are helpful but also brings them good qualities. But forcing children to learn may push them to the opposite and unfortunate situation.