Do you prefer to be in a small class or a large class?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you prefer to be in a small class or a large class?

• Ethan
    University: central university of finance and economics
    Nationality: China
    February 5, 2020 at 3:30 pm

Do you prefer to be in a small class or a large class?

Nowadays, the quality of education has been greatly valued and it has triggered a heated discussion whether we should study in small class or large class. Personally, I prefer to study in small class.

Firstly, it is rather apparent that class with fewer students is a good thing for our academic development. We can attribute this mainly to two reasons. On the one hand, since the time and energy of teachers are limited, they would allocate more time and energy to every student in small class. So, more opportunities of interacting directly with professors would be gained for students, which can undoubtedly promote students’ academic levels. On the other hand, as we all know, to enlarge our knowledge base, it is a significant process to address our own views and listen to others’ comments, no matter positive or negative. And only in small class can we obtain sufficient chances to share and listen to them. Therefore, we can have more progress in academic levels in small class.

Secondly, small class can also benefit us by promoting us to study harder and more efficiently. The primary reason for it is that  in a small class, it would become rather obvious if we were absent for the class or distracted attention from class so that kind of phenomena would be largely overcome and decreased. One of my roommates can aptly illustrates this point. Being a lazy man, his biggest hobby is lying on bed and playing computer games. He also seldom puts his heart into most of his classes. However, last term, he spent almost all his study time on Java, only because it is a class consisting of only 9 students. Contrary to his past behaviors, he went to the classroom of Java at 8 on Friday morning on time and even did the preparation work each time! I deem it might be the only way to make him so serious about a class.

In a word, my standpoint is clear that small class is more beneficial for students to learn knowledge.

February 5, 2020 at 5:34 pm

Score: 69.1

Issues:

1. More than 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them;
    2. More than 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.