Do you think that young people should have several different types of jobs before they decide on a long-term career? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you think that young people should have several different types of jobs before they decide on a long-term career? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

• QH314159
    University: Nanjing Uinversity
    Nationality: Chinese
    October 30, 2020 at 2:58 am

With the development in the fields of science, technology and art, more and more types of jobs are available. Young people with little experience may have difficulty in deciding their careers, and I think it’s advisable for them to make that decision after trying different types of jobs. Here are my reasons.

Firstly, young people can not fully the influence of taking a job. For example, commuting can make people tired, and young people may not realize until they tried it out. Also, lots of travelling may seem attractive but it is suitable for everyone. Young people are also prone to be idealists and they may not realize the importance of the financial reward of a job. All of these pitfalls can be effectively avoided if they try several jobs first and then decide what they want to do for a long term.

Secondly, young people don’t always know what the best for them. They probably have just got out of university when they have their first job, therefore, they are likely to be in a hurry. If they settle for this first job and never look for other options, they could miss the opportunity of getting a job that suits them better. Having several different types of jobs first can help young people broaden their mind and learn more about what’s available to them. Then, they are sharper in identifying what job is more fulfilling.

A relative of mine majored in computer science in university, and she tried three jobs before making the decision. She was a researcher in a computer lab, then moved on to be computer game designer, then to be a web designer. These three jobs are related to different aspects of her abilities and she finally chose to be a computer game designer because she is also interested in the animation skills the job requires, also because the jobs pays well and can cover her expenses easily.

To conclude, I think having several jobs first have many benefits and can help young people make better decisions when they choose their long-term jobs.

November 2, 2020 at 4:55 pm

Invalid. Please revise your previous essay before submitting another.